JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm only trying to help! I would strongly urge you to either A) consult with an attorney or B) call your local PD or Sheriff's Office in your county and ask them or C) consult with an FFL you trust.

Not trying to be ugly...only trying to help...why would you want to solicite legal opinions from folks who disguise themselves behind fictitious handles so you have no idea who we are and what our legal qualifications (if any) might be? "But your Honor - SixShooter45 & Commando AK on Northwest Firearms Forum told me it was legal!"

Therefore, obtaining legal opinions from any of us can potentially mess you or your friend up.

However, I suspect before this thread is over a bunch of folks will jump in with their legal interpetations, opinions and ideas of what they understand is legal and you may even see some quotes from the ORS and other sources. Take the opinions for what they are - free opinion from anonymous "potentially unqualifed, yet well intended" folks on a public forum. This is potentially a legal and dangerious shortcut.

Thought you want to know...

Dan

FTF 18+ can purchase and own a handgun, you just can't do it through an FFL. I had a whole thread on this subject in here earlier. That means you can't buy any handguns from out of state though, since those have to go through an FFL. You can also own a handgun at 18+ if it is "gifted" to you.

Well I was looking at possibly selling my wasr 10 and getting a p22 or just trading because I cant afford to shoot it anymore and I love .22's just as much. I'm only 20 so thats my issue.

Thanks for the info. Looks like it is just safer to have a friend or my dad by it for me and "Gift" it back.

Let me repeat, IANAL. If you purchase a gun, especially through a FFL, and your intent at the time of purchase is to give the gun to someone else, this is Not a Good Thing (TM) in the eyes of the law. I'm sure someone will disabuse me if I'm wrong on this.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top