Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Aftermath of Mass Shootings, Other Criminal Events - Where Are the Situation Reports?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Red Dog, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Red Dog

Red Dog Portland Member

In the aftermath of these shootings, after all the investigations, recreations of the crime scene, interviews, etc, local police and sometimes the FBI, ATF, or other agencies will be writing reports. Lots of reports. Anyone know where we can got those? Are they public record? I want to read all the information I can, I believe there are lessons to be learned in the details.

I'm talking about reports like this http://catm.com/yabbfiles/Attachmen...it_Ballistic_Research_Facility_FBIAcademy.pdf , but hopefully with more details.

2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Pretty sure they will be hidden as they would give too much info to the public on how much the news says is not true.

3. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

It is all public record technically. But you usually have to get the right case files and use freedom of information acts or court orders to get it.

Public, but not public.

It isn't until years later too. Until it is too late to find the real story to have it do any good. The news cycle is real time and spews crap. The truth takes time to collect data and review to find.

In suicides it gets even harder, as there won't be a trial.