JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I can't help but dig the Ruger Deerfield: semi-auto, 4+1 capacity detachable magazine, .44 Magnum, and made by Ruger. (The latter, say what you will, I've never owned any Ruger that was truly bad, and their aftermarket support has been always helpful.)

But I just can't get into the plastic part:

XrL9zzg.jpg

Question: does anyone make good, aftermarket wood stocks for these? I searched a little and didn't find much. My Google-Fu may be failing me tonight and/or the family interruptions are thwarting said.

Thanks friends. :)

They didn't make many of these Deerfield's.But they are well made.
So I don't believe that other than a magazine, your gona find many parts.
And there was much less aftermarket support.

I don't mind a plastic upper hand guard on a Mini-14. So I'm fine with my Deerfield's plastic handguard.

If it really bothers you. I guess you could re-stain the stock to a dark walnut. And coat the top handguard brown to match? Like the M-14's plastic top handguard.

Last Edited:
Thanks guys. And, yes, @Medic! that put this carbine back on my radar. :D

Certainly not a big deal, I just don't care for plastic anywhere on my guns these days, if possible. I dropped a note to Accuracy Systems to see if they could offer anything. I bought and installed a nice walnut stock from them for my Mini-14 some time back and really liked how it turned out.

At the end of the day, it is no big whoop, but figured I ask. Thanks again, fellows.

I've only seen a tiny number on Gunbroker. And they were in the $1,000—1,200 zone. I don't know how close our how far out of line that is with original retail, but I'm sure it can be looked up in one of the standard price guides.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top