JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have two model 700's, with the standard CDL stock. I have a bipod coming, and dont want to sling stud mount it. Also I would like some other features of some aftermarket stocks. Both guns are for hunting, and weight savings is important but not everything. I've seen magpul, I know of McMillan.
I would like a stock that has QD Mount options and has a pic rail for a bipod, doesn't weigh a lot and is functional for hunting. Not looking for PRS or tacticool stock. Any suggestions?

Those are both pretty nice, just not what I a looking for. To many adjustments. Really I am wanting a nice cheek riser, QD sling mount, detach mag, and a Pic rail for bipod. That is about it. Certianly do not need night vision bridge and adjustable comb.

Neither of those stocks has more adjustments than an adjustable cheek piece and adjustable length of pull. They do have more options but that is what makes modern stocks/chassis great. Flexibility.

Another vote for the KRG Bravo. My Tikka T1x sits in one and it is great. Very comfortable to shoot and doesn't look too tactical.

63A0C664-B6DF-47CF-9F57-EFFBFDC10A2C_1_201_a.jpeg

I've been looking at options for my Savage too.
I'm weird though and shoot right handed rifles left handed.
The stocks I keep liking have the molded cheek pad on the left side for a right handed shooter. Doesn't work for me.

And I'm looking for a budget stock.

I am now looking at the boyds standard stock.

The stocks I keep liking have the molded cheek pad on the left side for a right handed shooter. Doesn't work for me.

What $$$ budget?
target?
Hunting?

I'm not a "chassis" guy at all. Its just more to screw with than necessary. If you don't need the complete custom experience, McMillan has other options with its affiliated companies Grayboe and MC3. Grayboe has more traditionally shaped stocks with more choices for open grips while MC3 is more of the A3/vertical grip stuff. You don't get all the special colors and some of the off the wall McMillan options, but you can get most functional upgrades.

HS Precision makes a stock with both sides being flat in their pro-series line. $350-$400 range.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top