JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
KCI mags have worked in my G17 without issue.

They are obviously much cheaper quality wise and a bit more stiff when it comes to loading but they do work. At least all mine have. The 17 and 33 round mags.

This has been my experiance as well. Bought a bunch of KCI Mags for range use 10 years ago, have yet to kill one. Classic Firearms regularly has their 33 round mags for $10, bought some on a whim and they have been great ( figured three for less than the price of one OEM mag was worth the gamble )

The Korean military uses Glocks and Glock set up their plants, so I tend to trust these a little more than other aftermarket ( I do have some Magpul, which are OK )...that being said, OE Glock goes in the carry gun.

All my life this has been my experience. For every maker of after market mags there are guns that love them and guns that hate them. Even then not all of the mags by the same maker are always the same. It's why I warn people if they want to try, then buy one or two first. See how the gun you are buying for deals with them. I gave away several After market Glock mags a while back since they did not work in the 3 PCC's I have that use them. That does not mean they will not work in others. I have an old Ruger P-89 that I have a box of old USA Mags for. During the great ban Midway was selling them very cheap. Bought a few and they worked so I bought more. Even a couple 20 round ones that are hard to get into the pistol but damned if they don't work. Would I trust my life to them? Hell no. They are fun for the range and I have no doubt they would not work at all in many other guns and cheap as they are made.
I'm experimenting with a 9mm Colt pattern AR.
The best mags for this are by Metalform, which I'm well stocked in.
I thought that I would try some CPD (C-Products Defense) mags.
Giant fail....sent them all back.

Glock OEM mags are cheap.
For me, there is no reason to monkey with aftermarket.
Saving a couple of dollars is not a good enough reason.

I'm experimenting with a 9mm Colt pattern AR.
The best mags for this are by Metalform, which I'm well stocked in.
I thought that I would try some CPD (C-Products Defense) mags.
Giant fail....sent them all back.

Glock OEM mags are cheap.
For me, there is no reason to monkey with aftermarket.
Saving a couple of dollars is not a good enough reason.
CDNN is always putting these on sale. The way gun owners are begging for more mag limit laws it would be wise to lay in plenty now while people can. When they get another ban passed we can "hope" they will again grandfather the ones already out there.

This has been my experiance as well. Bought a bunch of KCI Mags for range use 10 years ago, have yet to kill one. Classic Firearms regularly has their 33 round mags for $10, bought some on a whim and they have been great ( figured three for less than the price of one OEM mag was worth the gamble )

The Korean military uses Glocks and Glock set up their plants, so I tend to trust these a little more than other aftermarket ( I do have some Magpul, which are OK )...that being said, OE Glock goes in the carry gun.

So far the KCI's have ran great. Ive been really surprised. But if they do start to break I'll understand. I got all mine as litte range mags because of their price. Those KCI fun sticks (33rnd) are hard not to buy when they hover around the $8-15 sale prices. About 2-3 for the price of one OEM was my exact thoughts when I got mine .. its really hard to not at least give them a try when they get to those prices.

While Im not outright defending them, mine really have worked well, its been surprising.

If the gun is for the range, by the least expensive.

If it's for self defense, get Glock brand.

The new NJ law gets you 18 months for every mag over 10 rounds found in your possession.
No grandfather clause.
Buy what you can and hope for the best.
Yep, I don't really hold out much hope here either. Since gun owners bend over backward to support anti gun laws I would be kind of "pleasantly surprised" if when this state bans mags we get to keep the ones we have. If we do, great. If not, well not much I can do. I have made sure I have plenty to last the rest of my life. If I end up having to get rid of them it's one of those "it is what it is" kind of things. Have always liked the lever action PCC's. If I am still around when they ban the autos I have I will of course go that route for as long as possible.

Yep, I don't really hold out much hope here either. Since gun owners bend over backward to support anti gun laws I would be kind of "pleasantly surprised" if when this state bans mags we get to keep the ones we have. If we do, great. If not, well not much I can do. I have made sure I have plenty to last the rest of my life. If I end up having to get rid of them it's one of those "it is what it is" kind of things. Have always liked the lever action PCC's. If I am still around when they ban the autos I have I will of course go that route for as long as possible.
I see the 10 round mag limit as the next "thing" to happen to us.

I see the 10 round mag limit as the next "thing" to happen to us.
Fully expect it here. This is supported by a huge portion of the gun owning public so it's easy to see it becoming law here too. When they pass it if it also includes getting rid of the mags we have that means I will be buying a bunch of 10 rounders if they will not allow standard mags to be made to only hold 10. Since too many gun owners support this stuff it will happen. I pretty much gave up on people waking up although it would be great if they did.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top