JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased something that takes Glock 9mm mags. This particular something came with an aftermarket Glock Pmag. Apparently the Pmags do not seat properly inside the mag well of this something. They DO seat just fine inside a Glock pistol.

I've been doing some research into aftermarket Glock mags, and the reviews are really all over the board. Some are fine with ETS, KCI, and Pmag to name a few, while others report major problems with sticky followers and such.

Are there any reliable aftermarket Glock mags out there? I really don't feel like paying full price for stock Glock mags if I don't have to! Thanks!

Idk the Pmags I got have less 'wobble' inside my p80 than the brand new gen 5 mags that came with my shiny new g45 and haven't had any issues at the range

weird they'd ship you an aftermarket mag that doesn't even sit

If this something has the bolt/slide closed when trying to seat a fully loaded mag, you may have issues. If the true issue is SEATING, check your mag catch for interference or a tolerance issue. Ive heard the KCI's run...sometimes. I've heard an equal number of good and bad things about the Magpul stuff- the obvious downer is the incompatibility with the usual mag extensions. The ETS's Ive had- including the 10 rounders from my prior state- would have binding issues, though they take extensions well. Buy one or two of each and run them hard, see how they work for YOU.

Other wise, Aimsurplus has LEO trade in G17 mags for 15 per. Get 5 and call it good.

The big problem here is for every maker of after market you are going to have some say they work great, and some say they don't. I have several rifles that take Glock mags. I gave up on the after market as none I tried worked 100%. That does not mean that others are not getting after market and they work 100% in their firearm. So bottom line only choice is either factory or give others a shot and see what happens in your particular gun.

I recently purchased something that takes Glock 9mm mags. This particular something came with an aftermarket Glock Pmag. Apparently the Pmags do not seat properly inside the mag well of this something. They DO seat just fine inside a Glock pistol.

I've been doing some research into aftermarket Glock mags, and the reviews are really all over the board. Some are fine with ETS, KCI, and Pmag to name a few, while others report major problems with sticky followers and such.

Are there any reliable aftermarket Glock mags out there? I really don't feel like paying full price for stock Glock mags if I don't have to! Thanks!
Try a Glock mag in this "something".
If it doesn't click in and work, then your "something" is out of spec.

Pmags for Glock are generally very reliable.
I don't buy them because genuine Glock mags are plentiful, better built and the price is fair.
https://www.brownells.com/magazines...ines/model-17-34-9mm-magazines-prod23056.aspx

DD
Whose internet guess is that this "something" is a 9mm AR
What did I win ?

:)

Last Edited:
@DirectDrive is right. I don't know as much about ARs because I have been primarily a pistol caliber carbine and Glock pistol fanatic. I can't remember the last time I was out shooting, and didn't have a Glock magazine compatible firearm with me.

I own probably 20 Glock mags of various forms, and shoot them regularly.

The ETS springs are stiff and they are not metal lined. I use them as range mags, along with Magpul GL9 pmags. Also not metal lined, but they work for the range as well.

The SGM Tactical mags look to be mechanically equivalent to OEM mags. I have had no issues with them.

For aftermarket mags, the higher capacity the mag, the more possible it is that they might swell when fully loaded, and not drop free. That is particularly real for unlined/plastic mags.

For EDC I carry Glock OEM mags

I'm guessing by being evasive about the gun it's something embarrassing like a kel-tec or HiPoint. (Kidding)There's a link in the "great deals" page with some aftermarket Glock mags for $10 each. They seem to work great in my glocks and AR.

I just bought a bunch of mags from Gun Mag Wharehouse, among them a few factory hi cap (33 rounds) Glock mags.

They had some SGM Tactical hi cap (26 rd) Glock .45 ACP mags on sale. Not knowing SGM or the other 'makers' I did some research. Every test I found of that particular mag had feeding problems with some Glocks - both with the G41? So I passed on buying one. Come to find out, the SGM mags are rebranded KCI mags.

At this point in time, I only buy Glock factory mags - I may have a Scherer laying around somewhere, but I am given to understand that they have problems too. Unfortunately, as far as I know, Glock has never made a .45 ACP mag larger than 13 rounds.

I always test every mag I own before putting it into service - at least twice - with slow fire and a mag dump (or at least triple taps). More so with compact pistols because they are more finicky (faster slide, less time to feed/eject/etc.).

YMMV.

I'm guessing by being evasive about the gun it's something embarrassing like a kel-tec or HiPoint. (Kidding)There's a link in the "great deals" page with some aftermarket Glock mags for $10 each. They seem to work great in my glocks and AR.

Or maybe the OP is like me and doesn't want to post on a public forum, a firearm that isn't in the system?

If that were the case, you wouldn't post anything like this on a public forum. I guess I don't share the irrational paranoia that someone is going to take my guns.

Don't tell me what I would and wouldn't do - because that is exactly what I won't/don't do; if I have a firearm that was bought 'off the books' (legally), I generally do not mention the make/model/etc. in a public forum for the very reason that what gets posted on the internet never goes away. OTOH, if it is on the books, then I don't mind - the state has proof that I own it, and I can't use plausible deniability and can only get it 'off the books' by moving out of Orygun (at which point, if I move to a 'free state' I can then sell the firearm without a record of the sale being held by a gov. entity).

I don't think assuming that someone will eventually try to take away guns from gun owners is paranoia - I think it is precautionary. Assuming they won't is naiveté. On that I guess we could agree to disagree without sidetracking the thread.

If your life depends on this gun then I would only use glock mags. If not the the only other mags I haven't seen fail is the pmags. Ets mags and others fail regularly.

KCI mags have worked in my G17 without issue.

They are obviously much cheaper quality wise and a bit more stiff when it comes to loading but they do work. At least all mine have. The 17 and 33 round mags.

KCI mags have worked in my G17 without issue.

They are obviously much cheaper quality wise and a bit more stiff when it comes to loading but they do work. At least all mine have. The 17 and 33 round mags.

All my life this has been my experience. For every maker of after market mags there are guns that love them and guns that hate them. Even then not all of the mags by the same maker are always the same. It's why I warn people if they want to try, then buy one or two first. See how the gun you are buying for deals with them. I gave away several After market Glock mags a while back since they did not work in the 3 PCC's I have that use them. That does not mean they will not work in others. I have an old Ruger P-89 that I have a box of old USA Mags for. During the great ban Midway was selling them very cheap. Bought a few and they worked so I bought more. Even a couple 20 round ones that are hard to get into the pistol but damned if they don't work. Would I trust my life to them? Hell no. They are fun for the range and I have no doubt they would not work at all in many other guns and cheap as they are made.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top