JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a ready to go G17 upper just sitting around that I need to do something with. Lookin for suggestions from others who have done Glock builds on what frame brands to look for and what to avoid. Currently Lone Wolf and Grey Ghost are top contenders. Lone Wolf products I am familiar with, Grey Ghost Precision is new to me. Since this is just a for fun gun, I'll likely go more toward competition/race parts than carry.
Thoughts?

My opinion is to just find a Glock brand frame then customize the heck out of it. It's the gold standard and there will be much less probability of parts disagreeing with each other. The further you get from OE, the higher chance of piss poor performance

My opinion is to just find a Glock brand frame then customize the heck out of it. It's the gold standard and there will be much less probability of parts disagreeing with each other. The further you get from OE, the higher chance of piss poor performance
There was a guy with (6) Gen 5 frames for sale in the classifieds, just the other day.

I've considered that very carefully. If it were a carry gun, I would for sure. Figured since this is a fun gun, I might try something else.

Personally I would buy a OEM Glock frame. What Gen are you looking for?

FYI, most of the aftermarket frames are basically P80 frames, just finished off by whatever company you buy them from.
GreyGhost Precision is a good company and run sales frequently. Just plan on waiting awhile for them to ship your order. I've got slides, barrels and frames from them.

I have a ready to go G17 upper just sitting around that I need to do something with. Lookin for suggestions from others who have done Glock builds on what frame brands to look for and what to avoid. Currently Lone Wolf and Grey Ghost are top contenders. Lone Wolf products I am familiar with, Grey Ghost Precision is new to me. Since this is just a for fun gun, I'll likely go more toward competition/race parts than carry.
Thoughts?
PS, what gen is the slide and barrel? This would seriously affect your options for non-glock frames.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top