JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
did i miss it? has this not been addressed?

unless you're using those magic pixie hydro-drolic shok heart-stopper loads available at a gunshow near you.... its very unlikely that the individual you just shot is DEAD, and therefor is in need of immediate medical attention. its sort of your duty to get medical assistance when somebody is lying on the ground bleeding, probably crying out for help.

As harsh, as it may sound, I don't believe in wounding "any thing".

If I shoot something, it is my duty to make sure it doesn't suffer!!

comments like this might be mildly amusing, but are not productive.

people like to idealize self-defense shootings in their mind, but the reality is that you're likely going to fire a short, rapid succession of shots whilst retreating to the nearest cover. assuming you make good contact, you may hide behind a car/wall/fat person until you hear/see no sounds of pursuit, then peek the corner... the individual is lying on his side, writhing around in pain, perhaps crying out, perhaps gurgling (IF you're well trained or really lucky)... are you then going to walk up to this individual and pump another 5-10 rounds into him to make sure he's not "suffering?"

there are few things that cling and linger like human life.

unless you're using those magic pixie hydro-drolic shok heart-stopper loads available at a gunshow near you.... its very unlikely that the individual you just shot is DEAD, and therefor is in need of immediate medical attention. its sort of your duty to get medical assistance when somebody is lying on the ground bleeding, probably crying out for help.

If the target is still alive, it is still a threat.

Its amazing how many people turn to the internet forums for some of life's most important info. needed. No need to wonder why, just look at some of the responses...

...then I doubt much if any of the good info. will be retained when the time comes.

From what I've heard it's good to advise your wife/roommate/significant other to make sure you keep your mouth shut since the adrenaline dump/fear/shock makes people talk a mile a minute to the cops even if they know they shouldn't.
Another idea was request you be taken to the hospital as well due to the traumatic event you just experienced (which gives you more time to calm down and lawyer up).

Its amazing how many people turn to the internet forums for some of life's most important info. needed. No need to wonder why, just look at some of the responses...

...then I doubt much if any of the good info. will be retained when the time comes.

In all the years of reading all these type forums and articles,the best advice I have ever read is things to this effect

Just SHUT THE bubblegum UP

DoubleTapDrew From what I've heard it's good to advise your wife/roommate/significant other to make sure you keep your mouth shut since the adrenaline dump/fear/shock makes people talk a mile a minute to the cops even if they know they shouldn't.
Another idea was request you be taken to the hospital as well due to the traumatic event you just experienced (which gives you more time to calm down and lawyer up).

uhhh yeah...that was addressed when it was stated you should call 911.

I like the part where the cop starts talking about another house the perp broke into and the guy says,"We never went into that house"something like that.

We all have a story to tell.

I for one would call for EMS but I would not treat the intruder, except maybe throw a kitchen towel at them if they're concious. For one, I won't have my BSI on me during a home invasion. So therefore I would not put myself at risk for catching and BBP from the intruder. Second, I'd have to leave the intruder unattended to retrieve my BSI. Well, that's not going to happen. "They" were a threat and if I shot them then there's no way for me to know how serious it is or if they're playing possum until I let my guard down. It's just not worth the risk to me.

A lot of interesting comments for sure. Lets just use the public as an example...... I just shoot someone in self defense.
1. Once I feel the threat is gone/down, I will bring the firearm close to me (still pointing towards the threat) and I will look left and right.
2. I will check the weapon to make sure if I still have a round in the chamber/cylinder, and re-load if needed.
3. Once I feel that it's safe I will holster the weapon.

If the person had a weapon (gun or knife) and I still can't see the weapon and their hand(s), I am not moving towards them to give them medical aid assuming that they are still alive.

When I took my CPR and first aid class, the instructor informed us that in Oregon you don't have to attend to someone, if you see someone hurt, if you choose to.... you do NOT have to help them..... meaning if you don't you will not be charged. If you decide to help someone..... now you are obligated to stay and help that person. You can't just go help someone and walk away. So having been told that, I guess I don't have to help the bad guy that just tried to harm me and made me use deadly force. I would highly consider calling 9-1-1 and just letting the dispatch know that there is a medical emergency and that an ambulance is needed and I would also give my discription.

Finally I would have my ID in hand ready because I bet you someone called 911 and reported a shooting so you know the cops are coming fast and hot. I carry a badge in my wallet with my CHL so as soon as I have secured my weapon my ID is in my hand visible because when LEOs show up to the scene they won't know what is going on and I have to make sure I don't get shot lol.

I like those cards IZZY.... Ima gonna try to get some lol :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top