JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
clean and inspect after every session. Powder residue holds moisture quite well, so I like to get it out. I also do this with my other gear too....bikes, ski's, kayaks, guitars are always cleaned or wiped down checked and put away ready for the next use. I blame my father, as a mechanical engineer, he always instilled a strong sense of pride in clean equipment.....his motto 1'if you look after it, it will look after you"!

I field strip everything when I come back from shooting. Even the .22's and the shotguns.. Couldn't sleep at night knowing my baby's r dirty:eek:

I know exactly how you feel! I will admit I still haven't cleaned my AR yet from Friday but I do have the upper and it's pieces sprayed down & soaking in CLP

i clean my EDC glock 23 once a week. completely strip down and clean whether i shoot it or not its just a good habit for a carry gun.usually when i go shooting i will just run a bore snake thru my ar and bolt guns and then lube them. they will get a thorough cleaning every other time out. my mossberg 535 shotgun which has about 20k rounds(i shoot lots and lots of clays, lots of pesky starlings, pheasant hunt, goose hunt, duck hunt, deer hunt with it ) thru it rarely gets a thorough cleaning. usually i just run a boresnake thru it and some oil. this gun has never jammed, never failed to fire, never fail to eject. runs perfect. i too reload my pistol and rifle ammo and usually have a reloading get together with a buddy every sat. night

If I check zero before going hunting, the rifle just gets a wipe off. :D
If it was a "plinking shoot" they get a through cleaning before back to the safe. :)
All handguns are throughly cleaned after use. :)

Any handgun I keep loaded is loaded with nickel cased rounds, as brass cases will
tend to corrode and stick when left chambered for extended periods of time. :(

If I am shooting with my carry firearm then it is cleaned at the range before I leave but if not my carry firearm cleaning can wait. Now by the time finished shooting I am cold and damp (yeah know it happens here) I will swap out my carry firearm for a Glock, yes they are good for something ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top