Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

After Newtown Guns in America

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by RicInOR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I just watched the PBS Show After Newtown Guns in America
    Video: After Newtown: Guns in America - Preview | Watch After Newtown Online | PBS Video

During a segment focusing on the Modern Sporting Rifle, they had on a survivor of the Aurora Theater shooting. He said he still has 8 pellets in his body.
    But, they didn't say anything about the shotgun being used.

In another section, focused more on Newtown, they said the Modern sporting rifle was used in recent
    mass shootings. While they didn't say it was used there, you can hear where people will get that idea.

I had the feeling the documentary was hinting strongly at the idea of mandatory universal background checks
    even though they never said that.

Anyone else watch this show?

2. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

Thanks for the link, I'll have to check it out later. I'm watching the Frontline special on Adam Lanza right now.

3. locobob

locobob Beaverton, Oregon Well-Known Member

I watched it, most of it was fairly balanced but it was notably lacking in real crime statistics. It ticked me off though when they said something about easily converting the AR-15 to full auto quickly followed by video of machine gun fire. The general public is confused enough already thanks to terms like "assault weapons" and that little part won't help.

4. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

It all depends on your skill set, your tool set, your parts set and your definition of easily. It should also be pointed out that illegally converting one to full auto could get you 10 years per count in federal prison. They already have laws against murder on the books, as well as illegally converting firearms to machine guns. People are still murdered so I guess criminals will just have more laws that they ignore if any bans are passed and more people will become criminals by default. When was the last time you felt that the government didn't take enough of your hard earned wages?

titsonritz and (deleted member) like this.
  5. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

I didnt find it "Fairly Balanced" at all!

Bill Cosby up there saying...."Nobody needs certain guns just because they want them". I saw it as a anti-gun campaign, Otherwise it would have had all kinds of resistance before it aired.

samuelm16 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. locobob

locobob Beaverton, Oregon Well-Known Member

Yeah the Bill Cosby thing was odd, didn't really fit in with the rest of the show..... but at least they gave the NRA some time to tell our side too. Didn't say it was perfect but it wasn't horrible either.

7. Bigdaddyt

Bigdaddyt Sw Washington New Member

What gets me is the anti gunners ignorance. They believe all of our legally owned assault type weapons are already full auto. And these new proposed definitions of what constitutes an assault weapon are also ridiculous, but that's a whole topic on its own.