JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I converted an 1987 Montero to a Mitsu diesel. For me, it's not about the EMP (which my motor should be relatively immune to according to what I've read), but about fuel. As gunluvver pointed out, diesel motors will run on just about anything. I can put waste veggie oil down it. I can put waste motor oil down it. I can run it on diesel fuel. I can run it on soy oil. Plus, I get 27mpg in a 4x4 rig, and get lots of great wheeling torque.

For those wondering (which is probably none of you), early Montero & Dodge Raiders with the 4-cylinder motor are relatively easy to convert to the 4d56t Mitsubishi diesel. The motor is pretty much the same as the 4gxx in those trucks.

All imported suvs/trucks are sold overseas w/diesel as it's primary or optional power-plant

I said that bikes were moving targets, moving in a straight line, said that they were soo easy.
PPL with bikes live in-near cities,,
GTFOT
trails in the woods. I live within 20 miles of a few good woods...but so does a lot of other people....I AM looking at a diesel truck though. but honestly...after the SHTF...a vehicle is not gonna be of much use compared to a good defensible location and a good plan.

m35a2...multifuel diesel, runs and starts easily on 100% waste motor oil, no electronics, no glow plugs.

New motorcycles, quads and such have a computer, only older bikes with points would still work.

Burt Gummer, here's the answer to when ISON passes closest to earth; "On closest approach, the comet will pass within 39 million miles (63 million kilometers) from Earth on December 26, 2013." Lots more chronological info here: Comet ISON - Latest Updates, FAQ and Viewing Guide

BTW...I agree with bmgm37, the old M35A2s are available at a good price, no electronic crap, will run on almost any fuel available (to include diesel fuel, jet fuel, kerosene, heating oil, or gasoline) and in 6 wheel drive those things will go places you would never think they would.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top