JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think there is a time delay to allow all the various data base providers, (and there are several or many) to received the updated computer information. It would vary. Consider the world wide data bases.

How much time I do not know. It might be time to spend some more moderate big bucks and have your retained legal provider, (lawyer) make sure all the things occur. Consider the expense an investment.

Ask your lawyer or private investigator or even skip tracer, bondmen or even bounty hunter how long it takes for the records expungements to happen. Perhaps somebody in this Forum may know. Good luck.

Or just talk to your local law enforcement. They may know.

To answer your question, yes. Your lawyer or whomever handled your restoration needs to let OSP know that your record must be updated to reflect your restoration of gun rights, OSP in turn should update NICS. As far as how long it takes, that's a good question. If you plan to apply for a CHL it might go through pretty quickly as the sheriff most likely will see the change of status, if you go buy a gun and NICS doesn't know yet, that will suck since appeals are taking forever last I heard.

If you want to be more certain, you are entitled to a copy of you FBI record, if one exists. It's free except for any fingerprint cost. In WA you can pull your own state record, if one exists, using the WATCH system online, not sure if OR has a similar system.

Obtaining your own print out? In CA years ago you could. Did so for RN employment. I do not know about CA or OR today. Years ago you could do both. I did so. Was volunteering at the local library. Working with kids again. Deep background checks.

How does one find out if the FBI has a file on you?

FYI: My inquiry does not address myself, but my son who got pinched when he was about 20 for a cannabis grow in his backyard; now going through the expungement process and most recently, just found out that the grow felony was immediately reduced to a misdemeanor which will accelerate the final expungement process.

FYI: My inquiry does not address myself, but my son who got pinched when he was about 20 for a cannabis grow in his backyard; now going through the expungement process and most recently, just found out that the grow felony was immediately reduced to a misdemeanor which will accelerate the final expungement process.

If the felony charge was reduced to a misdemeanor there should have been no loss of gun rights. The only misdemeanor crime I'm aware of that does affect gun rights is domestic violence. Well, that's not entirely true, certain states can punish a misdemeanor offender with enough prison time to meet another threshold, even if the full sentence is not meted out, the fact that it could have been, may be a federal disqualifier. It's spelled out in the text of the 4473.

I understand that the current Oregon fast track is to first immediately reduce to misdemeanor (happened within the last month) and then completely wipe the slate clean in the next step. Then, when wiped clean, all the agencies have to be notified. So, I am learning.

I understand that the current Oregon fast track is to first immediately reduce to misdemeanor (happened within the last month) and then completely wipe the slate clean in the next step. Then, when wiped clean, all the agencies have to be notified. So, I am learning.

Me too, sounds like the youngster should be fine, I wish for a speedy and desirable outcome for him, and your family:)

If you actually had your conviction in Oregon expunged, then you shouldn't need to take any further steps. The expungement results in a restoration of rights because you no longer have any disqualifying convictions.

I am not an Oregon lawyer, but can give you a referral if you private message me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top