JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The show is getting stupid, I call em "MacGuyver Morons" when they won't take a gun which they know they could use or at least trade for later... Sad :(

Ha that's funny cuz that's the first thing I always say when I watch these survival shows. Typical scene is me yelling at the tv and my wife rolling her eyes :s0112:

Generation Kill was a mini series on HBO a few years back. Its pretty good, sort of like a modern day Band of Brothers. Based on a book by a Rolling Stone reporter that was embedded with some Recon Marines during the invasion of Iraq in 2003.

I watched most of it and will have to watch it again. Leave the guns and stop trading and gathering. I had to turn it off after that. But it at least showed the idea of what could happen.

I watched it, was it three hours? I started watching it about 9-ish and saw it all the way through... the 'hero' died of scratch at the end. Kind of corny and unrealistic about the whole 'what do we need guns for?' theme. At one point when they left L.A. on foot they came across a dead guy in a truck, Dead guy had a revolver in the console and the so-called hero grabbed it and flashed it to his family declaring "he must of thought he was a cowboy or something". In Afghanistan they would declare "Allah has blessed me with a peach" of course a sensible American would say "HA! mine now sucka!!"

All in all, if you get past the Walt Disney mentality of guns are scary and only sloped forehead, mouth-breathing, foot shuffling, one syllable word speaking morons would own them, it was all right. Gave you something to discuss in a group setting or ponder by yourself while sipping a glass of an Oregon red.

SF-

Interesting show, but apart from the propoganda they kept slipping in that really began to irritate me, some of the "survival" tehniques they had in there were a bit dubious.

One example was the scene where the husband obtained water from a car radiator and did not seem to even check if there was anti-freeze in it. Purified or not, I'm pretty sure that antifreeze in the water would kill you.

I wish, when they talked about irrigation and water supplies, they mentioned the NorthWest specifically for having an abundance. While what I really wanted them to say is never ever head for the Northwest as it's filled with lions and tigers and bears lol

There were some interesting 'physical' points brought up as well as overall food for thought but my opinion was anything relating to guns was portrayed negatively. Also when they were operating the shortwave radio they never mentioned power - ok must have been using deep cycles and an inverter..........
I am glad someone else caught the radiator water scene - at that point I almost became pessimistic about the show but finished it out. I realize am aging myself but does anyone remember the movie The Day After in 1983? Any similarities?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top