Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

After 8 years, she found her way home.

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Gas, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Gas

Gas Gig Harbor, Washington, United States Active Member

I sold my Browning stainless stalker with a boss system, and a Leupold vari-x III 4.5-14 to my buddy for $800 8 years ago. So today, I got my income tax back and asked him if he still wanted it? (it was too big of a caliber, it is a 300 winmag, he never liked shooting it.) He said no, and sold it back to me for the $800 he paid. :peace:

I have to send the scope back, it fogs up, but that is why I bought a Leupold, guaranteed for life baby! :thumbup:

DSC_0556.jpg

2. hsullyc

hsullyc North coast,Nehalem,OR Member

Nice...:thumbup:

3. Neil

Neil Portland Metro Area Member

I like when things work out like that!

4. Gas

Looks like the rifle now is around $900 and the scope is $500, I paid I think $900 for all of it 10 years ago. He kept the box for the scope and everything, he is my best friend, and I owe him a steak dinner for not charging me more.

5. tecate321

tecate321 Olympia,WA Member

At least that and a couple of beers....did he throw in some ammo with it? If so I want to be his friend too~!

6. Gas

13 rounds, but they are 8 years old, and the ones I bought. Like I said, he never shot it. I found the receipt in the scope box, $529 plus tax at Wal-mart. Yes you read right, Wal-mart, I forgot I special ordered it back in the days when wally world had some balls. The scope was $398 at Bulls-eye. Man, prices have changed. :(

7. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Nice lookin gun Gas. I too had the same opportunity with a gun I sold about 10 or 11 years ago and the guy called me up just last year. Asked me if I was interested in buying it back. Since I missed it very badly I said yes, knowing that I would be giving alot more for it than I got because of it's collector value. But it is home for good now!

But Dude....Do you really need an elephant rifle in Washington? I have hunted all my life in this state and have never seen one. :dunno: