JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Correct ALL of those kind of ATF letters are OPINION letters and are technically only for the person it was written for. It is the OPINION of the person/branch that wrote the letter. It is NOT law but an OPINION. To be law it must go to court and before a judge like TC did many years ago.

With that said for the most part if you have a letter that means that at the time that letter was written the ATF believed whatever the question was happened to be illegal/legal. The status on these things do change because they are OPINION letters. For the most part you are safe following the direction in the letter.

Thanks guys, I understand they can change their minds whenever they want but I'd think they'd have to announce it and there would at least be a 15 minute grace period before carting you off to the pen.Since it'd just be an AFG I think I could remove it without it ruining my day.;)
That was the doc I was looking for but I thought it came with the guys actual letter to them as well. I wanted to see how it was worded. Becasuse I intend to send my own in so I can have a response in my name.
Any thoughts on how I should word the letter? And do I need to send it to a specific branch or section of the ATF?:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top