JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Whats a good affordable scope for an AR15? Under $150...

The first two that caught my eye was the UTG 1-8x28 and the NcStar 1-6x24, they are priced right and have good FOV but I didnt like the 1/2" moa click adjustment... why would a scope want 1/2" click adjustment? Any recommendations along these lines?

1593805437494.png ..

Last Edited:
What's the definition of affordable?

Under $150 (updated OP, thanks)

that looks like a good scope but it also has a 1/2" click adjustment. Im not certain I want that. Im used to 1/4" and am wondering what the accuracy would be out longer distances like 200yds with a 1/2" click adjustment?

that looks like a good scope but it also has a 1/2" click adjustment. Im not certain I want that. Im used to 1/4" and am wondering what the accuracy would be out longer distances like 200yds with a 1/2" click adjustment?

Its a tad over your budget, but Redfield scopes are made by Leupold, and they all do 1/4" clicks

I've got an utg bugbuster on my ar. 3-9x32. Ive got 2 and don't think i paid much over $60 for either. Got them on leapers website. Not a vortex strike eagle or viper but does a decent job.

Its a tad over your budget, but Redfield scopes are made by Leupold, and they all do 1/4" clicks
Its worth considering if I cant find anything in my range. Redfields quality would be nice. Thing is I dont really use the AR much except for fun a basic scope would increase its use.

I've got an utg bugbuster on my ar. 3-9x32. Ive got 2 and don't think i paid much over $60 for either. Got them on leapers website. Not a vortex strike eagle or viper but does a decent job.
I was actually looking at those they seem like a good option but Im not as familiar with UTGs quality (fog proof, optic clarity etc.), I do have a cheap UTG red dot so I know it will last.

My brother has and likes that one, for $200 Vortex makes a decent looking one, and the Bushnell around $149 might be OK too.

I've bought a few NcStar scopes in the last five or six years. Including for AR's, I think they cost between $50 and $80. I was surprised how good they were for the money.

If you're not shooting past 500 yards you'll be fine.

If you're not shooting past 500 yards you'll be fine.
This is a good point I dont plan on long distance shooting but ideally 1-200 yds, I sometimes shoot out to 300yds.

I just never imagined a 1/2" dial scope, there must be a tradeoff like lower cost, sturdier design?

Just got this one for my M&P Sport 2. It's a bit on the heavy side, if that metric is part of your consideration

$190, so over your price point, but not by much.

This is definitely one to consider if I cant find something in my range. Thank you, bookmarked the link.

The first two that caught my eye was the UTG 1-8x28 and the NcStar 1-6x24
Before I'd go with these, I'd buy one of these a 100X's!

Last Edited:

Ditto what mkwerx said. I have a Redfield Revolution 2-7x33 mounted on my S&W M&P 15 Sport. I think it is a great scope for an AR. Lightweight (11 oz.), decent glass, mine has the Accu-range reticle, which I also like a lot. A little over your budget, but worth skipping a pizza or two, in my opinion, for a scope built and backed by Leupold over some unknown origin probably Chinese "tactical" scope.

Thing is I dont really use the AR much except for fun a basic scope would increase its use.
Have you thought of just a fixed power scope for the ranges you were mentioning? My son does pretty well with his AR using a Sig Sauer CP-Tac4 4X scope. Just a thought.:)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top