JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lots of good info here! I would go with a Pistol safe next to the bed, and a gun cabinet for everything else, and the cams arn't a bad idea, especially if the Ex is a toad who will do bad out of revenge, wanna be able to catch him in the act in a provable manor! Personally, OryGun is a very deep Blue State, so count on EVERY state employee as being anti gun, and with that mind set, do what ever you can to eliminate any question they may have!

Had that happen when Mom was going into Hospice, had at least three state people ask if there were guns in the house, Dad not thinking said sure there are, and then I had to 'splain and then show the safe which I was super pizzed about, but Dad just didn't think! SO now all those staters know we have a safe full of guns and the exact location in the home it is located so when gov'ness K8 shows up to collect, she can walk right to them! :mad::mad::mad:

I'm kind of going along with the bedside pistol safe and cabinet. Ultimately it will be her choice, but I think overall it's the best solution given the budget. Now, if I could find an inexpensive cabinet big enough for her ex, that could be the quickest and cheapest overall. Just kidding. Really.

I'll keep my eyes open for deals in the meantime and do some boning up on security systems. If the apartment allow it I'm also thinking about a video doorbell. I'm also going to harden her wireless network when it gets set up. He's a hacker type, but I'm better at this than he is and have some interesting plans for him.

Last Edited:
How old the kid? Is the kid ever going to be home alone? If he is old enough to be left alone he is old enough to get into any of the gun box type things. If she is worried about this only a safe will really work. If she is not worried about kid breaking into the guns and it's just a matter of the courts? Then sure, lots of secure ways to go without spending much. If the kid can't be trusted with trigger locks though he can't be trusted with anything short of a safe of some kind. If he is old enough to use simple tools even a safe is not "safe" if the kid will be alone in the home for any amount of time.

THIS is spot on. Kids are so curious no matter how good and how old.

I think that's why Dad would always show us the guns when we asked. That way we wouldn't give in to temptation and do something stupid.

Yeah, I totally agree showing and teaching is a great tool. My Father was the same way. I learned the respect at an early age. I still think a safe is the best bet fall around security wise.

Yeah, I totally agree showing and teaching is a great tool. My Father was the same way. I learned the respect at an early age. I still think a safe is the best bet fall around security wise.

Agree, a Safe is always best!

What he is looking for is "good enough".

Due to budget & location etc. as @3MTA3 mentions suggestions in the first post.

If you know of a budget safe, which would be reasonably easy to move in & out of an apartment, post it up!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top