JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just a heads-up- Bi-mart has some 22lr on sale for $17.66/brick of 500. Prices are finally trending downward nicely, with the shelves packed full. Whatever happened to "6 to 10 cents per round is the new normal, get used to it"? :)

I was just in the Vancouver store (4th Plain and 503) and there was nothing like this available. In fact they had no bricks at all, just individual boxes of 50 and the odd 325 and 275 boxes we have seen of late.

What store had this? I went in specifically for .22LR and would have grabbed at least a few bricks if I had the option.

The McMinnville store has lots of .22lr. There wasn't too many left of the Federal American Eagles that are on sale, but they had literally shelves full of other bricks, dozens and dozens. The cheapest was the $17.66 brick and I bought one. The other bricks were $20 and up I think, except the mini-bricks. I saw some 275 bricks for $12, and the Federal Automatch 325 packs are $16 and change. They had them on sale for $13 something recently.

I saw a few on the shelf behind the counter, then went down the aisle past the counter and found the display with stacks and stacks of bricks not behind the counter. That was nice to see.

Yep, the price of .22 Rimfire is coming back down and lots of LGSs who bought when prices were still up are taking it in the Shorts. They bought so they would at least have some for their good customers and know it's very hard to even break even.

I've been shooting what does well vs scattergun ammo (bulk boxes).

I have given up on cheap ammo and buy the stuff my rifle likes at $.055/round. Does well enough for me when shooting one hole.

Good to know though, maybe I'll stock up for the kids...

The Walmart in Tigard next to Costco has bricks for under 20$.
Last year I was happy to pay $20 for bricks of 325. Now bricks of 500 for less are good to see.

Brownells has CCI Standard for 24.99 for 500 rounds and free shipping over $49. A thousand rounds of good ammo for under $50.

That's a good deal Bi Mart as well. But I have enough Federal .22 ammo for now.

The McMinnville store has lots of .22lr. There wasn't too many left of the Federal American Eagles that are on sale, but they had literally shelves full of other bricks, dozens and dozens. The cheapest was the $17.66 brick and I bought one. The other bricks were $20 and up I think, except the mini-bricks. I saw some 275 bricks for $12, and the Federal Automatch 325 packs are $16 and change. They had them on sale for $13 something recently.

I saw a few on the shelf behind the counter, then went down the aisle past the counter and found the display with stacks and stacks of bricks not behind the counter. That was nice to see.

Isn't the Fed Am Eagle.....a 400 round brick?

Just look for the PSA sale on CCI Blazer at $200 a case with free shipping. Blazer works "good enough" with all of my 22LR firearms.

Which reminds me.....test your ammo. Some rifles prefer certain ammo. If you have a semi auto.....it's important to be happy with functioning. Some brands like Fed Auto Match was "iffy" for me.

Aloha, Mark

Isn't the Fed Am Eagle.....a 400 round brick?

Just look for the PSA sale on CCI Blazer at $200 a case with free shipping. Blazer works "good enough" with all of my 22LR firearms.

Which reminds me.....test your ammo. Some rifles prefer certain ammo. If you have a semi auto.....it's important to be happy with functioning. Some brands like Fed Auto Match was "iffy" for me.

Aloha, Mark

The 40 gr at Bimart is a 500 round brick for 17.66, and the 38 gr is 19.97 for a 400 round brick. I just happened o be in there this morning and saw the sale. I had to buy one. AE works good in all my semi autos, but YMMV :)

Thanks 808hondadacrguy........I think I'll take a trip to Portland and see what I can get. I like 40 gr 22LR ammo, over the lighter stuff.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Brownells has CCI Standard for 24.99 for 500 rounds and free shipping over $49. A thousand rounds of good ammo for under $50.

That's a good deal Bi Mart as well. But I have enough Federal .22 ammo for now.

Same here, Federal is the most reliable ammo that feeds repetitively in the Ruger 10/22 and I have over 10,000 rounds tucked away here somewheres. What did i have for breakfast??? No worries, I'll find it eventually...:p

Just got back from OR. Found 6 bricks of Fed Am Eagle at the Bi-Mart on Powell. I bought it all. That was the good news.

But.....now for the bad news. OK, Ok, ok......I should have known better. I tried to find/buy some Sudafed or Actifed. LOL. Actifed is discontinued. And, I need a Rx to buy Sudafed in OR. OK soooo, I waited until I crossed the border and bought it in WA.

Damm those drug dealers. The Sudafed is working great for my runny nose.

Oh. remember to thank your legislator for protecting us. But go ahead and buy your marijuana over the counter. Go figure.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I was just in the Vancouver store (4th Plain and 503) and there was nothing like this available. In fact they had no bricks at all, just individual boxes of 50 and the odd 325 and 275 boxes we have seen of late.

What store had this? I went in specifically for .22LR and would have grabbed at least a few bricks if I had the option.
Just curious, why would you buy anything in Vancouver, when you could cross the border and deny Governor Inslee his 8+% surcharge? My preferred Bi Mart is Hermiston, and the 22 mile drive is no big deal in my wife's Prius.:)

Everyone here conveniently forgetting what bimart, and walmart has done to trample on the rights of 18-20 year old Americans? They could drop the price to $10/brick, and I still won't walk in there until they change their anti-2A policy, and apologize.
I would probably still buy from these two if they were closer. Nearest one of either is Forest Grove, and I'm just never in the area to buy from them.

So in theory, they really don't get my business.

I usually stick to online ammo sales.

Just curious, why would you buy anything in Vancouver, when you could cross the border and deny Governor Inslee his 8+% surcharge? My preferred Bi Mart is Hermiston, and the 22 mile drive is no big deal in my wife's Prius.:)
Most of the time I don't pay the "contribution" that Washington wishes me to "gift". Sometimes it's a matter of convenience. Since I work in PDX and pay Oregon Income Tax I don't loose too much sleep over the issue.

I probably should have bought more than 1k rounds.... especially considering it is easy to go through a box in a single outting... my thumbs hate me for it tho. Steel lips is a nice way of saying thumb shredders!

Edit, too bad Federal does not run well in high standards... otherwise I might want to buy more. Do they run well in the Ruger MKIII's and MKIV's? I might need to get one of those.

PS: Blazer .357 mag is 21.50, not a bad deal me thinks, haven't shot it yet tho.

Everyone here conveniently forgetting what bimart, and walmart has done to trample on the rights of 18-20 year old Americans? They could drop the price to $10/brick, and I still won't walk in there until they change their anti-2A policy, and apologize.

I don't buy anything from the Sporting Goods section at BiMart any longer. It is sad because I used to shop there quite a bit because I would prefer to support them than the big box stores. We will still occasionally go in for sale items, mostly food, or Lawn and Garden stuff but that really is only because I hate shopping at Walmart more.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top