JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Former GE CEO: Affluent Seniors Buying Handguns in Face of Terror Threat
Share on emailShare on google_plusone_share
Share on twitter

woman-receives-firearm-instruction-at-range-AP-640x480.jpg
AP Photo/The Tampa Bay Times, Will Vragovic
by AWR Hawkins16 Dec 2015229

On December 16, former General Electric CEO Jack Welch said affluent seniors are buying up handguns in the face of the growing terror threat.
Welch was appearing on CNBC's Squawk Box when he said, "You can't believe in my community of people 60 and over buying handguns, Everywhere you look, wealthy 60-year-old people are buying handguns."

He said the purchasing spree is in response to the growing terror threat but is also indicative of the fact that people are just "sick" of having gun control pushed on them. Welch believes Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump is doing so well because he has tapped into this frustration. He said, "In my view, Donald Trump has touched an enormous nerve. We're sick of Washington."

To be fair, Welch did criticize "AK-47-style rifles," which he said should not be available. But the American people do not agree with him. On December 16, a new ABC News/Washington Post poll showed that opposition to an "assault weapons" ban is at its highest level ever, with 53 percent of the American people opposing it. Moreover, support for an "assault weapons" ban—which was at 80 percent in 1994—has fallen to 45 percent.

An AR-15 is a formidable home defense weapon.

my mother in law just asked for a handgun. Her husband said he had a old muzzle loader black powder pistol she could use for self defense "its like those old pirate guns" (yes, he was serious). She wants me to teach her how to use it. currently Im at "oh hell no"

my mother in law just asked for a handgun. Her husband said he had a old muzzle loader black powder pistol she could use for self defense "its like those old pirate guns" (yes, he was serious). She wants me to teach her how to use it. currently Im at "oh hell no"
Yeabut.. this is probably totally illegal (destructive device and too short?).. which sucks.. as they were super common.. and awesome.

1876.jpg

Interesting observation:
When hobama again started talking about Exec Order on or about the 4th I ordered thru Davidsons Gun Genie. Arrived on time, good price.
Curious if the price had gone up with more of hobama's saber rattling, I ran Gun Genie again on the 11th. It had bumped by $10. Later that night I was curious about the full size model price vs the 'c'. Suddenly all 8 models were on "stock watch" - completely sold out. Like a distributor came and bought everything they listed in inventory for those Ruger models. I've checked since (after clearing cookies and a reboot) and all are still on "stock watch".

After my father in law passed my mother in law asked me if I would give her a gun to protect herself at home since she is alone. She is 88 yrs old. I was afraid she would shoot the paper boy and so I got her a couple of large size Fox pepper spray canisters.

I was at Cabelas yesterday there were about 25-30 people waiting for BGC, I would say 90% were over 60 and maybe 10% were over 75. Seems the 60-75 area
. I also saw a few young fellas like me in their 50's ;):rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top