JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
anyone here having problems with "tight mag wells" on aero precision lowers? especially with pmags. noticed it after i installed the parts kit. i tried backing out the mag catch but still a tight fight. on my anderson lower, the mag drops freely. i sent out the aero lowers back to aero precision in tacoma and they said the lowers are within specs. some of my buddies also have the same lowers experiencing the same problem and some aren't. i tried sanding the mag well and also changing the mag release, didn't solve the problem. any ideas?

Are there rounds in the mag when you load them? Is the bolt closed or open when you insert loaded mags?

Is it a matter of getting the mag to seat once inserted or is the "tight" fit circumference wise?

I've built a ton of Aero lowers/uppers and had nothing but quality experiences. Anderson is so far off of Aero's quality mark that I don't even like using both names in the same sentence.

Lol yes I understand that Anderson and.... should not be used in the same sentence. Anderson was my first build and now I'm building a quality home defense AR pistol.
Well to answer your questions. Yes and no. Tried it with loaded mags and empty mags. Tried both open and close bolt. Upon inserting the mag it's a tight fit. Dropping and mags.. well I have to rip them off.

I have 2 Aero lowers.
They both drop mags free.
Maybe it's the Pmags ?
I wouldn't pass judgment until I tried some bona fide USGI mags (NHMTG or Okay) in them.
44MAG.com - .223/5.56mm AR15 Magazines

Yeah I just now tried a aluminum mag and it drops freely. I'm just saying it's kinda weird because people I know who also have aero lowers use pmags. A few of them have the same problem and a few don't.

Yeah I just now tried a aluminum mag and it drops freely. I'm just saying it's kinda weird because people I know who also have aero lowers use pmags. A few of them have the same problem and a few don't.
See if you can get your hands on the "good" Pmags.
Put your calipers on those and then on yours.

if it drops a USGI mag then its good to go. IMO. i have aero, psa, anderson and DPMS lowers. all 3 of them function flawlessly. all drop usgi mags, p mags, c products, hexmags.... whatever mags.

a friend of mine has had issues with hexmags being tight in the magwells of his andersons. never heard of this with anything aero.

maybe try putting some chalk or something on the mags then installing. remove and see where the rub mark is... sand and polish that part of the lower...

ive never been one to complain about a tight "mag well"if ya know what im sayin:D:D:D:eek::eek:;):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p

if it drops a USGI mag then its good to go. IMO. i have aero, psa, anderson and DPMS lowers. all 3 of them function flawlessly. all drop usgi mags, p mags, c products, hexmags.... whatever mags.

a friend of mine has had issues with hexmags being tight in the magwells of his andersons. never heard of this with anything aero.

maybe try putting some chalk or something on the mags then installing. remove and see where the rub mark is... sand and polish that part of the lower...

ive never been one to complain about a tight "mag well"if ya know what im sayin:D:D:D:eek::eek:;):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p
:s0033::s0033::s0033::s0033:
yeah i'm buying a few D&H mags from palmetto since those drop freely. as for the chalk. i'll give that a shot before i put in the order.

:s0033::s0033::s0033::s0033:
yeah i'm buying a few D&H mags from palmetto since those drop freely. as for the chalk. i'll give that a shot before i put in the order.
1) I would determine whether or not it's mag related.
You don't want to be sanding out the anodizing on your lower for a bad batch of Pmags.

2) D&H are good mags.
The link I gave you above has better mags.
When you shove an Okay or NHMTG dry film mag in there, you know you have a real combat mag.

1) I would determine whether or not it's mag related.
You don't want to be sanding out the anodizing on your lower for a bad batch of Pmags.

2) D&H are good mags.
The link I gave you above has better mags.
When you shove an Okay or NHMTG dry film mag in there, you know you have a real combat mag.
Too late for the sanding part. Did that yesterday.... as for the mags on your link I'll give those a go too. Doesn't hurt to have 20 or so mags lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top