JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm trying to order parts for my AP M5E1 build, and most of the vendors I'm using who carry AP parts seem to be on the east coast- they seem to be busy, or just not interested in my business enough to return my inquiries. Does anyone have any recommendations for gun stores that carry Aero Precision parts in the Pacific Northwest, or even the west coast? Thanks for your input.

Geno

I actually ordered my M5 lower receiver from Schuyler arms- will be ordering my M5E1 upper/ handguard combo from them too shortly. I also ordered a Nitride BCG, M5 LPK, and M5 carbine buffer tube kit from B.Kings Firearms just yesterday- he's also a Ballistic Advantage and Faxon dealer, so looks like I should have all of the needed parts within a few weeks. Some small FFL dealers really work hard to earn your business, and others just don't really care and don't make an effort to return your emails- if I don't get a same day reply, I guess they're busy enough not to care and I'll find an FFL dealer who does.

I also do business with Dave McKane- looking forward to buying firearms from him in the future when we move to Oregon.

Geno

I actually ordered my M5 lower receiver from Schuyler arms- will be ordering my M5E1 upper/ handguard combo from them too shortly. I also ordered a Nitride BCG, M5 LPK, and M5 carbine buffer tube kit from B.Kings Firearms just yesterday- he's also a Ballistic Advantage and Faxon dealer, so looks like I should have all of the needed parts within a few weeks. Some small FFL dealers really work hard to earn your business, and others just don't really care and don't make an effort to return your emails- if I don't get a same day reply, I guess they're busy enough not to care and I'll find an FFL dealer who does.

I also do business with Dave McKane- looking forward to buying firearms from him in the future when we move to Oregon.

Geno
For future reference...
Last time I looked, SAA's house branded receivers were made for them by Aero.
Their early rollmark was very fugly and they didn't sell very well even at a discounted price.
Their new "Crosshair" rollmark is an improvement.

There is some "quirkiness" to building the large frame AR and the M5 in particular.
You might take a look at the M5 Build Thread over at AR15.com
There are some golden nuggets in that thread.

Looking forward to reading your build thread !

Last Edited:

Geno
yep daves a buddy of mine.i am frequently over there buyin somethin and i send all my friends to him. hes a give ya the shirt off his back kinda guy.

I've ordered direct from the their (Aero P) site, or Surplus Ammo & Arms just down the street prolly a mile from their factory or try Rainier Arms...In that order. That way your order might not have to fight weather/riots, etc from Midwest or down east.

Brutus Out

Are you referring to sales tax?

If you order a receiver or any other "firearm", tax will be added by your dealer anyway. Also, it IS state Law that if you make a purchase of ANY item over the internet or outside the Sate of WA, you still owe the State the Requisit "Use Tax", which is the exact same amount as the local sales tax. However, most people never pay it, unless your a business owner and HAVE to pay it...
If you live in WA - there is an extra "fee" attached when ordering direct from Aero. Just saying.

Get the blemished parts from aero, hard to even find what the blemish is. Most dealers buy those anyways and mark up the price. I remember even getting free shipping.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top