JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are the $70 Aero Precision lowers and good, I googled and found mixed reviews.. Some say crap others say best buy around.. But it seems like the ones that say crap are the people that only buy top of the line.. I am just in need of something that shoots straight haha!

The are made right down the street from me to :s0155:

Everything I've seen says they are actually made by Mega Machine Shop so I'd say they are good to go. That's a pretty good price, where's that at? Scrap that, I read an article and mis-brained Aero and Alexander arms, which are or were made by mega.
Either way should be just fine for you.

Eddie

Last Edited:
Areo Precision is located in Tacoma WA and they make parts for large companies such are Boeing, and as side projects they make gun parts for a variety of manufactures (or so read on an online forum) I was told buy the gun a gun shop that the reason they are so cheap is because Aero produces them in HUGE quantities which greatly reduces the price.

If you google Areo Percision there is no website but their address is located in Tacaoma WA.

Mega machine is down in Olympia WA if I remember correctly.

See this question is a little late to be asking, I have one in my possession, I bought it a few weeks ago when I head about the proposed "Assault Weapon Ban" so I ran out and bought a stripped lower just to get a AR serial in my name. I figured if anything happened with that bill prices would go up 500% before the law went into efffect hah!

So now I have this lower, it seems quality but I know nothing about ARs. But I dont want to built it all out if it will need to just be replaced :confused:

I just built one last night, using a 5.45x39 upper. The quality was good, everything went together smoothly. Plus since I live in Tacoma, having a rifle that says it's from Tacoma is kinda cool. :D

545-2.jpg

When I went in to Surplus Ammo and Arms, they were selling an Aero lower and DPMS lower parts kit for $119. Pretty good deal.

I just built one last night, using a 5.45x39 upper. The quality was good, everything went together smoothly. Plus since I live in Tacoma, having a rifle that says it's from Tacoma is kinda cool. :D

545-2.jpg

When I went in to Surplus Ammo and Arms, they were selling an Aero lower and DPMS lower parts kit for $119. Pretty good deal.

Yeah that's where I got mine from. To bad I knew nothing about ARs at the time otherwise I would of realized it was a good deal. I bought the lower from then, then went back a few days later to get the parts kit and a Tapco stock, in the end I ended up losing about $20 on the deal, plus they would of assembled it all for free!!

After realizing the Tapco stock was pretty much junk (so much slop and movement) I asked if i could exchange it for something better and they said no returns. So I am stuck with that, but I can upgrade down the road I guess..

I figured I could get it online cheaper, but Surplus Ammo and Arms definitely has GREAT prices!

It is no big deal to build up that lower and if it doesn't work out you can remove the parts and build on a different lower. It is not a one way trip. :)

You will need the few build tools anyway (I like the plastic punch, a steel roll pin punch, a simple tool for the front pivot pin detent install/removal, and the DMPS AR15 wrench tool for the reaer CAR15 stock, flash hider, etc.

The main thing is all parts should fit easily, snug, but not need any huge forcing. I came across one lower that had a burr on the edge of the rear pivot pin hole that required light sanding of the burr. But otherwise you should not have to file or modify the lower for any reason. If something just does not fit as-is then it may be out of spec.

I have two of the Aero lowers. They look and work great. Plus the price for the lower and DPMS parts kit, you cant beat that! I used one lower for a 22 build and the other is for my CMMG M4 upper.

I just build my AP lower last night using a DMPS parts kit. Was was great, it was my first build, I took my time. It went together very well, I have no markings on the face of the lower from missed tools. I didnt have the right size punches, my smallest was 1/8" so I was not able to get the bolt catch (or is it release) pin all teh way driven in. Also the trigger guard pin WILL NOT go in any more, I am worried about pounding on it anymore. The pin just doesnt seem to line up with the holes very well. We shall see what happen though. I might have to pound it back out and try with a new pin.

I installed my stripped Areo upper as well, and it fit perfectly! Now I just need a barrel and a bolt and I am set (plus the few other misc upper assembly parts)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top