Oregon Rifleworks
Southwest Firearms
Gun Deals
HighLine Firearms
Simply Triggers
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Defensive Arts
Reactions
Does anyone know if there are aerial photo resources available on the internet like Google Earth but more up to date? I'm trying to use Google Earth but the spot I'm looking at is over 5 years out of date and quite a bit of logging has gone on since then. Any ideas? Thanks

Reactions
State of Oregon has some summer 2009 NAIP data sorted by county... easiest way to view it (without GIS software) may be USGS seamless server, earth explorer, or glovis.

HtH!

ZeroRing

Reactions
One other thing that MIGHT work is to look into the county's GIS system. Sometimes counties have more current aerial photos built into their GIS viewers.

Reactions
Just a place to check, but in Google earth version 5 and above they introduced time-line. It is a little clock button at the top toolbar and it will show older imagery in certain areas if available by sliding along a timeline bar that shows the date. Why is this important if your looking for latest aerials one may ask? Well many, many times the first image/default image in an area being displayed on Google earth is NOT their latest photo. By clicking and activating the time-line feature and sliding down the time-line bar you can compare imagery and the photo date as displayed. I had a case even today where the default image was from April 2006 and the first image back on the time-line was sept 2009. Granted the default should be the most up to date is most areas but it is always something to check.

Reactions
Tried the time-line on my spot and the newest image is from 2005 but it was cool to see way back how the logging has progressed. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions
The very large 7x6 bull I ran into while deer hunting Thursday said if I promised not to tell anyone about where he's hiding, that come next elk archery season he'll march right up to my truck and gut himself for me.:s0112:

Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Southwest Firearms Forum
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Sporting Systems
Cerberus Training Group
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
NW Custom Firearms
Project Appleseed
DSG Arms

Upcoming Events

22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond, OR