JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also, on guns like the Marlin 39's the bolt is not secured when the gun is apart. You may be digging the bolt out of the detritus in the bottom of your pack after a day of hiking.

I'm interested in buying or building a .22LR take-down rifle, but know little about them and not sure where to start. So, who makes good ones? Are there any that hold zero? What do you wish you'd known before buying yours?

Cheers!
A lot of vintage rifles were takedowns....Stevens had the Favourites and the model 14 1/2 "Lil Scout" was a takedown, too.
Last, but certainly not least, after 107 years, Browning's excruciatingly elegant SA22 is still in production.
I believe it is one of the oldest takedown's still being made.

1630468278460.png
1630468389494.png

Long time back I bought a ruger takedown rifle with its bag. Good rifle but wished for a better setup because you end up carrying a separate bag when you want it. That didn't make sense to me so looking around magpul came up with the backpacker stock but crime it was $110 and extra money if you wanted to put a sling on it.

Anyway I was cruising midway and they had the magpul stock on sale for $75 and free shipping. This is it, something organized that fits my daypack.

Thought about that one!
Love my little Kel-Tec SU-16, got the cali compliant version which has the better iron sights and then converted it to the folder!
Trying to get lighter and even more compact, something we can stash and forget about till needed!
Check out the bushmaster carbon pistol I had a few and ran with any ammunition. The only drawback I could see you could not pistol whip someone with it kinda a requirement lol.

I'm interested in buying or building a .22LR take-down rifle, but know little about them and not sure where to start. So, who makes good ones? Are there any that hold zero? What do you wish you'd known before buying yours?

Cheers!
Marlin 39a or 39M (the 39a is the longer one).

GEDC1111-2.jpg

I like the 39M as a companion to my Marlin 1894 carbine.

Aloha, Mark

I've been looking at the ruger 10/22 takedown. It's been advised, from what I've seen, that you stick with barrel mounted sights as the connection between barrel and receiver will not be good enough to maintain accuracy. Then again, how far are you shooting a takedown?
Magpul makes a short sight mount to fit on the 10/22 takedown barrel that allows for a red dot.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top