JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you get one do NOT shoot it until you have given it a complete tear down and cleaning - which is super easy on it. I did NOT do this and was experiencing some of the same 'issues' that are being reported on review sites. Trigger reset failure and one stove pipe but after a complete cleaning and LIGHT lube with Black Rifle Balm (great stuff) it is problem free.
When I took the bolt assembly apart it was nearly dripping with shipping oil - which was not that thick but it was in everything. I can hardly believe it made it through a couple hundred rounds before I started having the problems but those are in the past now!

Just shot my first speed steel match with new PC9. Had cleaned well as suggested above & put variety of loads thru it for function. Had to actually adjust rear sight a bit (very easy to do).

Had 'floppy magazine' (Gl*ck!!!) issues to overcome. Initial field trial required a bit of smith grinding as the Gl*ck mags didn't like the feed ramp. That was fixed easily also and now they sit solid. Also, beware of the old 'U-shape' fattie magazines that squish out & don't like the mag well dimensions. The 'straight-line' mags worked perfectly.

I had to add 1" spacers to make LOP comfortable; this lined up the sights quite nicely.

For once, there is no reason to search for additional optic; this original new front sight blade is perfect for my geezer vision.

And clean the little darling again when you get home. It's a real pleasure.

ETA: I *did* get one severe feed failure during discovery of this magazine study.

Despite 500 round shake down before the match, the frenzied pace on the firing line, loading 25+ magazines during the 6 stages, in one produced an actual reverse cartridge that jammed into the chamber part way. No big deal to get it out; dismount barrel & apply Leatherman. Never had this kind of presentation. The event though, lead to the exclusion of all my U-mags and there were no further mag issues.

Very pleased with the PC9 in any case. Oh, got my best carbine match time in about 10 years. Should be easy to improve upon with no glitches next time.

Last Edited:
For once, there is no reason to search for additional optic; this original new front sight blade is perfect for my geezer vision.
Ditto this! I really like the barrel mounted ghost ring rear as it is very clear for me being a bit further from my eye. It took a little getting used to as very slight movement changed POI pretty quickly (I am used to receiver mounted peeps on my Winchesters) but it took nothing more than a little extra concentration. Heck I had to stop on my way home and run a couple mags just to make sure all was well!

As soon as I get a new gun I take it apart and clean it. I really enjoy taking a new gun apart and getting familiar with it. I do remember finding a lot of thick oil in the Ruger. Of course cleaned it up and applied my own light oil. I've had maybe one or two stove pipes in it, but I believe that was the cheap range ammo.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top