JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i don't know where to post this, but i figure a thread about "liberals" is good enough. has anyone figured out that the "gun control" (liberal) pundit bill maher is (per federal standards) a "prohibited person," yet he has admitted to owning a firearm. i'm assuming he committed a felony and lied on his 4473 form.

maher admits to owning a gun; maher admits to always smoking weed; maher admits to having a "medical marijuana card"; maher is a "prohibited person"; maher hasn't been arrested or had his gun confiscated. he lied when answering whether he was addicted to or abused an illegal substance, on form 4473.

i don't know where to post this, but i figure a thread about "liberals" is good enough. has anyone figured out that the "gun control" (liberal) pundit bill maher is (per federal standards) a "prohibited person," yet he has admitted to owning a firearm. i'm assuming he committed a felony and lied on his 4473 form.

maher admits to owning a gun; maher admits to always smoking weed; maher admits to having a "medical marijuana card"; maher is a "prohibited person"; maher hasn't been arrested or had his gun confiscated. he lied when answering whether he was addicted to or abused an illegal substance, on form 4473.

I have not read his other stuff so I can not directly comment on it.

You say he has a medial marijuana card then he is NOT illegal. What part of the law his he breaking?

Here is question 11e' "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?"

So if he is using his medical marijuana then he is no different then anyone else that takes a whole list of other drugs.........

Here is a PDF of the 4473, http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

Can you provide some links or other evidence that he owns a gun please? He is so anti-gun I can't imagine him owning anything that shoots including a rubberband gun.

There are times when I find Bill Maher to be pretty witty and brings up intelligent discourse on any number of subjects. HOWEVER, his arguments and comments on guns and religion are pretty pathetic and frankly offensive.

I don't mind him owning any firearms, its just sad he speaks out against anyone else owning them. I'd hardly say he is addicted or is abusing illegal substance's just because he has a medical marijuana card. That doesn't mean he uses anything, it just means he has a medical marijuana card. I used to have one a few years after the program first came out. I have no need to have one any longer. I just got one in case I ever decided to try it out as a medication :p Is there video or picture evidence of him using anything? He can say he rolled up a big fatty with the Constitution, it still doesn't mean he did. Free speech. Zach Galifianakis is the only one that has ever been seen lighting a joint & taking a toke around him, but Bill Maher didn't take a toke.... Not in front of the camera anyways lol

A good review of why the libs didn't get their way this time. Speaking loudly against against something you don't understand the basics of really helped us this time.
I'm afraid they will learn from this.

Can you provide some links or other evidence that he owns a gun please? He is so anti-gun I can't imagine him owning anything that shoots including a rubberband gun.

He said that himself multiple times. He is a "gun-owner, just not a 'proud gun owner'" - he compared guns with TV remote controls, "owning a gun is not an accomplishment".

He is not against citizens owning guns for self-defense, he is against what he describes is "the gun culture" and the "gun obsession". I do not remember him supporting any kind of arbitrary bans - he just makes fun of the inability of the Left to push their agenda, and makes fun of conspiracy theories of the Right (often labeling the entire conservative part of the society as conspiracy theorists and "gun nuts").

He is strongly against the NRA (as a lobbyist).

He believes that the "Second Amendment is BS" and is as antiquated as the Third Amendment. He does not believe that guns are protecting our freedoms (or even can protect them) in the modern society. He is pro-freedom on a lot of subjects, including weed, so he is not as much anti-gun as, say, Pierce Morgan.

HOWEVER, his arguments and comments on guns and religion are pretty pathetic and frankly offensive.

I find them rather shocking and therefore amusing. It is like watching a horror movie - the guy is openly calling Jesus names, openly steps on other people's toes, and seems to enjoy throwing his audience off.

A very well thought out statement and properly supported by facts and not supposition. He comes from a corner not often heard from these days; Democratic, left leaning gun rights supporters. Since I am one of these myself, it was refreshing to see such a well written article. Too bad it will never find it's way out to the masses. They could learn from this.

I have not read his other stuff so I can not directly comment on it.

You say he has a medial marijuana card then he is NOT illegal. What part of the law his he breaking?

Here is question 11e' "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?"

So if he is using his medical marijuana then he is no different then anyone else that takes a whole list of other drugs.........

Here is a PDF of the 4473, http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

per the laws of the state of california, bill maher is "legal." per federal law, bill maher is a criminal--and likely a felon, per 4473.

refresher: everyone must abide by 2 sets of laws, those of the federal government and those of one's resident state. if the state and federal law contradict, then the federal law "technically" comes out on top. the federal government has been raiding growers and dispensaries throughout california--and some growers in oregon--and do so legally. while there aren't always charges brought up against those whom the federal government agents raid, their property cannot be returned and is destroyed. the dichotomy between state and federal laws is a sticky situation, but nevertheless if a person is disqualified per federal gun ownership standards, then he/she is committing a felony while filling out 4473. as much as i'm a fan of state's rights, the civil war--and the legislation that came after--eliminated the sovereignty of the states vs the federal government.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top