sdmoose

Reactions
In a car like a Subaru... Im skeptical. I have a truck and cant find a place for that which is out of sight.
But my large Vaultek slips under the seat secured by the cable, just pull it out when needed and no one is walking by. Tip: get one big enough to leave the gun in the holster. This is safer for "administrative duties" like arming/disarming. Belt clips instead of belt loops are ideal on the holster for this. Just slip the holster on/off.

The VAULTEK is floor mounted between the front seats of the minivan, there a fold up/down console tray that completely covers it from sight. Was a reasonable solution for me.

Have another for the wife’s SUV, that’s cabled to the drivers seat and stores under the seat…. Still feel secure because it’s out of sight.

In a car like a Subaru... Im skeptical. I have a truck and cant find a place for that which is out of sight.
But my large Vaultek slips under the seat secured by the cable, just pull it out when needed and no one is walking by. Tip: get one big enough to leave the gun in the holster. This is safer for "administrative duties" like arming/disarming. Belt clips instead of belt loops are ideal on the holster for this. Just slip the holster on/off.
I’d add it needs to be large enough for the firearm, holster and whatever reloads you carry on person. Just my thoughts, ours will fit a commander size with two reloads.

Koda

Reactions
I looked on the website and you can also mount it to the seat rails behind the passenger seat. But it will not be visible because I have a seat cover set up for the back seats
This might depend on how often you have or could have passengers. A strap around the passenger seat is pretty odd and anyone in the back seat is gonna bump it.

sdmoose

Reactions
There is a strap way and one that bolts onto the seat frame at the base. I'm going to look at my car tomorrow in the daylight to see if it would work

Koda

Reactions
and one that bolts onto the seat frame at the base
took me a bit to find it, their website isn't that efficient.
Im still skeptical of the mount securing only on one mounting point, and I know you have a larger seatcover but Id still prefer mine tucked out of sight.

One thing I like about the portable Vaulteks is when traveling I can bring them inside and know I have safe storage from kids, very versatile safes.

sdmoose

Reactions
took me a bit to find it, their website isn't that efficient.
Im still skeptical of the mount securing only on one mounting point, and I know you have a larger seatcover but Id still prefer mine tucked out of sight.

One thing I like about the portable Vaulteks is when traveling I can bring them inside and know I have safe storage from kids, very versatile safes.

Reactions
That is true. I'm also looking into one that can mount in the console.
AlienGear has a front seat mount for their modular holster.

sdmoose

Reactions
AlienGear has a front seat mount for their modular holster.

Than you, but I need an actual safe of some kind when I am not in the vehicle with my firearm.

Upcoming Events

Rimfire Challenge
Canby, OR
Wes Knodel Gun Shows
Chehalis, WA

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top