JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used the ship my gun service to ship a gun to a ffl for a member on here and it's was pretty straight forward. Pay them for a label,print label and put it on the box your using. It still needs to go to a ups customer center but they just scan the label and it's good to go.

I would try to get it in on a Monday tho. I dropped mine on Thursday and it took till Monday to get there. Made me kind of nervous it just sitting around.

As a follow up, I have since used the service to ship a long gun (expensive target rifle) and everything went smoothly. Would 100% use the service again if needed and recommend it. I shipped to an existing FFL in the Ship My Gun (SMG) system. I had the recipient just look up registered dealers they were willing to use in their area and picked the dealer they preferred and completed the process using their selected dealer.

Used SMG (ShipMyGun.com). Found that it does work, and it does keep me safe from the threats of doing it wrong without knowing if I did it wrong. BUT, also found out it costs more than expected, and that their web site, although impressive, is less than ideal. It took more Q&A than anticipated.

The biggest issue I have found when dealing with SMG is when a buyer selects an FFL that is not on their preferred list (Already vetted by SMG).
If the buyer selects an FFL that's on their preferred list, it goes very smoothly. Some FFL's will not receive a firearm from a private individual.

The first time was the hardest for me, but one thing I do like with SMG's website is that you can go through the shipping details ahead of time using the receiving FFL's zip code and calculate the shipping fee's for a firm price when totaling up the final purchase price with the buyer.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top