JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FedEx or UPS will only ship over nite from an individual. It's policy and not law. Costs an arm and a leg to do it. Rules seem to change for shipments originating from an FFL.

THANK YOU
I'll be checking this out!
Anyone used it yet?

Haven't used this service, but an upside to this is that they are going to generate a shipping label for you to print, so you can drop the pistol off at any UPS location. If you do the shipment directly with UPS, you have to go to Swan Island.

Got it...
The last timec I took a firearm to the post office, two people in line freaked out and another threatened to call the police.
In was packed in a box for gosh sakes. Some folks in our country think guns are illegal.

If you use Ship My Gun, it's far easier to use an FFL that is on their preferred list to ship the gun to.
If the buyer insists on using an FFL that's not on the preferred list, expect 4 to 6 days delay in getting the prepaid shipping label.

atf-head-logo-sm.png Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

May a non licensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?

A non licensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another state.
A non licensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of their own state or to a licensee in any state.
The U.S. Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.
Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.
[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A); 27 CFR 478.31]

Last Reviewed January 30, 2020

View attachment 787542 Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

May a non licensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?

A non licensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another state.
A non licensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of their own state or to a licensee in any state.
The U.S. Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.
Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.
[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A); 27 CFR 478.31]

Last Reviewed January 30, 2020
Guess the post office is breaking the law than. I just did what they requested me to do. No worries.

As long as you have the ffl's license number you are sending to give post office completely legal.
Yes tell them it is a firearm. Works for me, your results may vary.

Not correct for handguns

Form 1508 must be presented at time of shipment.

" The undersigned is a manufacturer of firearms or bona fide dealer therein, and the parcels presented for mailing herewith are customary trade shipments or other articles for repair or replacement of parts."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top