Oregon Advice on shipping pistol

flashpan

Reactions
I've shipped many long guns all over the US from here but just sold a handgun. Do they have to go overnight or priority?
I read UPS requires overnight? Any FedEx option?
Thanks

Juniper9mm

Reactions
THANK YOU
I'll be checking this out!
Anyone used it yet?
Haven't used this service, but an upside to this is that they are going to generate a shipping label for you to print, so you can drop the pistol off at any UPS location. If you do the shipment directly with UPS, you have to go to Swan Island.

OP
F

flashpan

Reactions
Got it...
The last timec I took a firearm to the post office, two people in line freaked out and another threatened to call the police.
In was packed in a box for gosh sakes. Some folks in our country think guns are illegal.

jbett98

Reactions
If you use Ship My Gun, it's far easier to use an FFL that is on their preferred list to ship the gun to.
If the buyer insists on using an FFL that's not on the preferred list, expect 4 to 6 days delay in getting the prepaid shipping label.

jbett98

Reactions
atf-head-logo-sm.png Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

May a non licensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?

A non licensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another state.
A non licensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of their own state or to a licensee in any state.
The U.S. Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.
Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.
[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A); 27 CFR 478.31]

Last Reviewed January 30, 2020

Reactions
View attachment 787542 Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

May a non licensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?

A non licensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another state.
A non licensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of their own state or to a licensee in any state.
The U.S. Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.
Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.
[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A); 27 CFR 478.31]

Last Reviewed January 30, 2020
Guess the post office is breaking the law than. I just did what they requested me to do. No worries.

Reactions
As long as you have the ffl's license number you are sending to give post office completely legal.
Yes tell them it is a firearm. Works for me, your results may vary.
Not correct for handguns

Form 1508 must be presented at time of shipment.

" The undersigned is a manufacturer of firearms or bona fide dealer therein, and the parcels presented for mailing herewith are customary trade shipments or other articles for repair or replacement of parts."

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
  • Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
Top Bottom