JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
About three years ago I finally discovered my calling in life: to design and build firearms. Ever since then, I've been trying to get my foot in the door every chance I get – almost any position would do to start – but so far I've been unsuccessful, so I'm reaching out here for ideas.

I've learned that the gun industry – like the I.T. industry I'm currently in – is woven from personal relationships, not resumes and LinkedIn profiles. I've connected with a few industry people by chance, and followed-up, but nothing has come of these. If I could only make enough of these connections, I know that sooner or later one would "click", but I'm not sure how to go about making that happen.

So, I'm reaching out to any and all of you for ideas or leads: how would you get your foot in the door? I appreciate, sincerely, you taking the time to respond.

What about " tnw tsw" sorry not sure of exact name. They build slick take down AR glock mags. They are out of Vernonia? Hear they are great folks...maybe even hiring from temp agencies...Maybe a lead...

What do you do or what are you offering?

Do you just want a job? Or are you wanting to design the next big hit?

If you just have a new idea for a firearm then you would need to get a patent, and create a prototype.

Then go to gun manufacturers and pitch your idea.
But it's all about exposure and creating a buzz.

How many other people have the same need/want?

I would love to get into the industry too.

About three years ago I finally discovered my calling in life: to design and build firearms. Ever since then, I've been trying to get my foot in the door every chance I get – almost any position would do to start – but so far I've been unsuccessful, so I'm reaching out here for ideas.

I've learned that the gun industry – like the I.T. industry I'm currently in – is woven from personal relationships, not resumes and LinkedIn profiles. I've connected with a few industry people by chance, and followed-up, but nothing has come of these. If I could only make enough of these connections, I know that sooner or later one would "click", but I'm not sure how to go about making that happen.

So, I'm reaching out to any and all of you for ideas or leads: how would you get your foot in the door? I appreciate, sincerely, you taking the time to respond.

OK. You say you found your calling?

So what do you have to bring to the table? :s0153:

Last Edited:
Sorry if this seems blunt.
Any actual skills to speak of? Maybe mentioning what you're capable of and producing some examples of what you can do. Do you even know how a gun works? Have you actually designed and then produced something to show us?
Wanting and wishing without proven skills will not open doors.

signed,
Your Dutch Uncle

If you don't mind me asking, do you have a working gun design you'd like to turn into a marketable product? There are individuals that are willing to put up capital for viable products. If the answer to the question is in the affirmative, I can understand not wanting to go too far into details on an open forum though.

Last Edited:
Design and build is the best thing for you to do, so get working on it. Do you already have any ideas or?
You have a good group of folks here to help.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads