JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know what a SW1911PD goes for these days?
I have one with Crimson Trace laser grips
4 mags
Blackhawk level 2 holster
Alien Gear IWB cloak tuck 3 with the double mag carrier

I spent $1500 on the gun and CT grips
$100 on the Alien Gear holster and double mag carrier
$29 on the serpa holster

I just need an idea on what I should be able to get for them.... Thanks
IMG_4581_zpsonlsemuk.jpg
IMG_4584_zpszrbjzbbp.jpg
IMG_4585_zpspuszvdru.jpg
IMG_4586_zpsawtc8gnm.jpg
IMG_4587_zpsnxqx2yab.jpg

You'll get more if you sell holsters separately. If a person doesn't carry, and I do not, it adds no value to the package. If a person does want to carry this piece, then you could sell them the holsters as an add on.

You'll get more if you sell holsters separately. If a person doesn't carry, and I do not, it adds no value to the package. If a person does want to carry this piece, then you could sell them the holsters as an add on.

Yes, I see many sellers listing packages when I have no interest in some of there accessories. Sometimes I make them an offer for the package after deducting the worth (fair market value IMO) of the items I am not interested to buy. If you are looking to make the most money, you will allow all items to be purchased separately for higher cost than if they purchase them all together as a package. This provides you the ability to make a sale that would otherwise be turned away if they thought they had to buy everything you were selling. It also provides buyers incentive to buy everything if they are remotely interested because they get a discount compared to buying all the items separately.

For the most part buyers that include the statement "will not break up package, must buy everything" get the pass from me. :)

Ditto on the sell separately. Normally it's easier to just sell the gun first. Many are not interested in the rest except of course the mags. As to price Ditto GunBroker. See what others are asking and getting. Then if you get a buyer you can offer the extras. If they want them great. If not Ebay, or the classifieds here and sell them to someone who wants them.

Does anyone know what a SW1911PD goes for these days?
I have one with Crimson Trace laser grips
4 mags
Blackhawk level 2 holster
Alien Gear IWB cloak tuck 3 with the double mag carrier

I spent $1500 on the gun and CT grips
$100 on the Alien Gear holster and double mag carrier
$29 on the serpa holster

I just need an idea on what I should be able to get for them.... Thanks
View attachment 375673
View attachment 375674
View attachment 375675
View attachment 375676
View attachment 375677

I agree with all of the others: Sell all of the accessories, including the Crimson Trace, separately. Buyers are just not going to want to spend money on accessories that you picked out, which they may well have no interest at all in.

And you are going to have to come down in price, as folks just don't want to pay top dollar for used firearms, even if they are in prime condition. Beware of those who may offer you ridiculously low offers, though. Many of these people are criminals, who illegally buy firearms specifically for the purpose of reselling at a profit. So be prepared to be contacted by some scumbags.

Your problem will be the current over stocked market and the universal BGC laws that have made selling privately a pain.

If you want to sell in this market price to sell. Don't short change yourself, but you won't get retail or even sale price.

Look at gunbroker or even look at retail (low retail) and sell cheaper. Part it out and sell accesories separately.

I have been trying to sell my like new S&W 1911 Scandium .45 for weeks at an asking price of only $975 with no takers so far and that is a $1300 pistol new.
Go figure !!

Your problem will be the current over stocked market and the universal BGC laws that have made selling privately a pain.

If you want to sell in this market price to sell. Don't short change yourself, but you won't get retail or even sale price.

Look at gunbroker or even look at retail (low retail) and sell cheaper. Part it out and sell accesories separately.
Yes.. thank you... I waste a lot of time in the ad sights, and scroll over thousands of over priced items, and get seriously frustrated. so much crap that nobody is going to buy to sift thru to find the items worth considering!! And to top the crappy prices off with demands that make them sound unapproachable, like theyre doing you a favor for offering thier crap up for sale... comical...frustrating, but comical.

When I went into my local gs and commented on how low some of the prices on his used guns were he said something that made perfect sense.." this is a gun shop not a museum." That kind of philosophy is why he stays in business. His stock is always fresh, so there is always a reason for his regulars, like me, to stop in and see what's there... and as long as i'm there I might as well pick up______. Smart business.

I have been trying to sell my like new S&W 1911 Scandium .45 for weeks at an asking price of only $975 with no takers so far and that is a $1300 pistol new.
Go figure !!
Why buy that when you can get an old Army issue for the same price?
Yes.. thank you... I waste a lot of time in the ad sights, and scroll over thousands of over priced items, and get seriously frustrated. so much crap that nobody is going to buy to sift thru to find the items worth considering!! And to top the crappy prices off with demands that make them sound unapproachable, like theyre doing you a favor for offering thier crap up for sale... comical...frustrating, but comical.

When I went into my local gs and commented on how low some of the prices on his used guns were he said something that made perfect sense.." this is a gun shop not a museum." That kind of philosophy is why he stays in business. His stock is always fresh, so there is always a reason for his regulars, like me, to stop in and see what's there... and as long as i'm there I might as well pick up______. Smart business.
You'll also get irresponsible people like me that can't pass up a good deal when they see it so long as they can afford it buying your stuff.

Go figure !!
You almost always have to wait longer for more expensive items to sell especially right now when there are so many gun deals going on. Hang in there it will sell eventually.

Thanks guys! I hate selling a firearm but since I moved up here to Oregon I realized that I really want a boat!!!! If the market is so saturated then I probably wouldnt sell it for a good price so I guess I will have to look to other things as a way of funding my boat...

For ubiquitous, or un-unique fodder:
Start with what you want in $. (sans accessories)
subtract 10, more likely, 20% in $.
Subtract transfer fees.
Equals high starting or asking price.
You'll likely drop from there in a month albeit still ahead when selling to an FFL dealer..
Patients will be a virtue towards satisfaction when looking for highest recompense.

As an aside;
The sale price of an automobile, has for a century, dropped by 20% as soon as it is driven off the show room floor. Any exception to this will be an anomaly perpetrated by one slick salesman (and / or gullible customer). Like it or not, they are historical facts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top