JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone. I have purchased an 870 tactical for my best friend for his birthday. To put this gun over the top, I would like to get a pin up painted on the side of the stock. The stock is synthetic black that comes with the 870.

I am wondering if anyone has experience painting a synthetic stock, what kind of prep it took and what kind of paint you used.

Also, looking for a local tattoo artist who specializes in Pin Ups to do the art (Portland area).

Thanks in advance to everyone for making this birthday present rock

-digi

A suggestion that might work better. There is a type of "art" called decoupage where a print/photo/drawing is cut out of the square piece of paper it would normally be printed on then glued to the surface and clear coated over top.

You might look into this as it is something that could be done easily the art work is readily available on line and it can be touched up if needed.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dec....microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

Looks like its even been done.

Decoupage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just a suggestion

A suggestion that might work better. There is a type of "art" called decoupage where a print/photo/drawing is cut out of the square piece of paper it would normally be printed on then glued to the surface and clear coated over top.

My dad was in the printing business and did that with a coffee table. Cut out a bunch of birds and woodland creatures and glued them around a center pond. Turned out well, but I am not sure how it would work on a curved surface. He still has thousands of lithograph prints which he sells at flea markets around Medford. Landscapes, wildlife, cars, WWII planes and some tasteful nudes. I can ask if he has any small pinups if you want.

My suggestion would be to abandon the painting route since the paint will peel. I say take it to a laser engraver and have them engrave a pin-up girl onto the plastic stock. It will look far more professional.

just brainstorming here

169hwlh.jpg

If I were going to use paint I would use One Shot enamel sign paint. It's what pin stripes are done with on cars. Its very durable and comes in lots of colors. Check the local sign supply store or automotive paint store maybe industrial finish store. You will also need some thinners lacquer thinners makes it dry fast and mineral spirits slower. Heck why not get yourself a pin stripe brush as well.

I would scuff the area first with fine Scotch brite then draw on a design with a China pencil paint it on then clear it.

I like the laser engraving idea though then fill in the lines with paint.

Good luck

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads