JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I love FN guns as my forum name indicates, but I dont want to drop 600 on a FNX 40 right now because i need a new macbook.
I started looking again because I am selling my fiveseven as much as I love it, its just not practical.

I dont want to do a 1911 because they normally only hold 7+1.

So far I checked out a PX4 and a glock, but everyone has a glock its how everyone has a camry, I just cant do it out of principle. Seriously though, just looking for some input thanks!

Sig 229.

But if you change your mind on the Glock I'll trade a 27 + $ for your FiveSeven.

possibly, I am meeting a guy tonight if he low balls me I may take you up on that depending on the cash difference. I liked the PX4 because I like having a decocker and the tigard gun room has one used for 400$

If you want a decocker also check out the HK P2000 SK DA/SA w/decocker. (Plan on spending more than $400 though)

this is the best .40 ccw that i've found. small enought to hide in the summer (if you get the flat floor plate), it shoots very soft, is more accurate than most full size guns and you can get just about any holtser that you could want..... plus it holds 10 rounds

Another Glock 27 advantage is with just a barrel and a magazine you can shoot 9mm too.

I don't suggest you only switch the barrel, and mags. You need a 9mm extractor, and ejector. Just look at them on a 26, compared to the 27. You will see the ejector on the 26 is bent, and the 27 is straight. The extractor on the 26 is longer too.

I practice with a 9mm barrel in my 27, using my .40cal mags. I get about 90% working perfectly. But there are the fail to ejects, and fail to feeds, that I would never want in a gun fight.

I shoot 9mm suppressed out of my G22 with no extraction issues.
I did lighten the recoil spring by a couple of pounds though!

It's just an option some other platforms don't lend themselves to.

Top Gun Supply has FNP .40s for $400, a bit less than the $600 you mentioned. These are new. Summit Gun Broker has SigPro SP2340, police trades (nice shape with night sights) for $345. I ordered one in .357 Sig and really like the pistol. Mark has been lowering the price from time to time as he does to move his stock. Check his site often, especially for police trades .. a lot of gun for great price.

Top Gun Supply has FNP .40s for $400, a bit less than the $600 you mentioned. These are new. Summit Gun Broker has SigPro SP2340, police trades (nice shape with night sights) for $345. I ordered one in .357 Sig and really like the pistol. Mark has been lowering the price from time to time as he does to move his stock. Check his site often, especially for police trades .. a lot of gun for great price.

I appreciate that, maybe I didn't do enough research when I first bought my FNX 40, is the FNP just a entry level gun, or "older" It looks pretty much exactly like the FNX 40

And you have contributed what to this thread besides correcting my spelling?

Keeping it on topic, that's what.
The OP says he wants a .40, what is so hard to understand about that?
He did not say "Golly, I wonder if a 9 is better than the .40 I prefer. Please post your thoughts on 9 vs .40."
Buy hey, if you want to turn his thread into a nine vs 40 debate go ahead, we've never had that one before.

I don't suggest you only switch the barrel, and mags. You need a 9mm extractor, and ejector. Just look at them on a 26, compared to the 27. You will see the ejector on the 26 is bent, and the 27 is straight. The extractor on the 26 is longer too.

I practice with a 9mm barrel in my 27, using my .40cal mags. I get about 90% working perfectly. But there are the fail to ejects, and fail to feeds, that I would never want in a gun fight.

only thing you need for a .40 to function properly with a conversion barrel is the magazine. No need to replace the extractor, ejector etc.

Keeping it on topic, that's what.
The OP says he wants a .40, what is so hard to understand about that?
He did not say "Golly, I wonder if a 9 is better than the .40 I prefer. Please post your thoughts on 9 vs .40."
Buy hey, if you want to turn his thread into a nine vs 40 debate go ahead, we've never had that one before.

LOL @ correcting others spelling/grammar...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top