Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Advice needed about a new IWB holster.

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Mobius, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Mobius

Mobius Beaverton OR Active Member

Hey all,

I just picked up a custom made holster from a local business who hand makes them. Overall I really like it as its comfortable and carrys very well. However, there is one small thing eating at me. If you look at the image below, you will notice that the leather does not extend to the end of the barrel and most of the ones I have seen online do. Is this something I should ask him to fix or will it matter?

I don't want to be "that guy" that bubblegumes about little things and if its fine as is then I'm content to use it but if t should have been done differently I kinda want to know so I can have him fix it.

Thanks for any feedback!

null_zps0841bdae.jpg

2. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

I would just call and inquire about it. If you decide on a different holster I would suggest a Milt Sparks Versa Max II

3. j4545

j4545 WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Comp-Tac MTAC, Crossbreed, Desantis, Alessi, Brommeland

You could also ask them if they could make another holster with a bit more leather.

4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

The exposed part of the muzzle on the Kydex side isn't and issue for IWB carry (for me), but I would want the leather backer between me and the muzzle so the edges/corners wouldn't dig into me, as well as a sweat shield.

I have run a Galco KingTuck IWB with my Glock-30 for EDC for the last 18 months or so and like it quite well.

HOWEVER, if this was an OWB holster in any way, shape, or form then I'm with Titsonritz... no exposed muzzle.

5. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'd prefer to have it covered. If nothing else, just to keep the front sight from snagging on my undies!

6. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Vancouver Well-Known Member

d81f9a1684a839274dacebbe8500e189_zpsab74321d.jpg

$45.00 shipped from Kholster, Got it in 2 weeks

Happy

Happy

Happy

7. Barachiah

Barachiah Eastern Oregon at last Active Member

My crossbreed doesn't extend to the end of the barrel. I don't notice it while wearing it, and it doesn't effect the finish. I carry in it pretty much all the time, so much so it has worn holes in all my britches, so be prepared for that. It shouldn't be an issue, unless you go commando...

8. BDA.45

BDA.45 oregon Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Talk to the dude. Was it made by Ryan? If it was, hes really cool and will re-make free of charge. Hes done and redone a number of holsters for me. Does great work, Im satisfied with em. So are all my friends.