JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Appleseed
This^^^.
Especially if you don't know how to use a sling. To me the sling is more for shooting than carrying. A "Hasty Sling" will considerably add to the steadiness of your rifle. Look up vids on the use of a hasty sling, buy one, make sure your rifle is zeroed at that distance and you WILL see immediate results.

This^^^.
Especially if you don't know how to use a sling. To me the sling is more for shooting than carrying. A "Hasty Sling" will considerably add to the steadiness of your rifle. Look up vids on the use of a hasty sling, buy one, make sure your rifle is zeroed at that distance and you WILL see immediate results.

A sling is to a rifle as a holster is to a handgun.

Social Media and SEO Go Together Like Peas and Carrots | Carabiner  Communications

Breathing. Get your sight picture on target, exhale slowly, hold it briefly and then pull the trigger. Notice how you "settle down" after the exhale. It gets rid of the jerkiness versus inhaling or holding your breath.

Just as a benchmark, when I shot small bore competition average scores out of 100 possible points went like this:

Prone: 99-100
Sitting: 95-100
Kneeling: 90-95
Standing: 80-90

Try shooting from a bench rest first and note the size of your pattern. Judge your performance in any other position based on that. If you're shooting 3" groups from a bench rest don't be upset at 6" groups from a standing position.

Natural point of aim, sight alignment, clear front sight post and trigger control. Get a zero first from the prone or the bench. After a zero is achieved then start shooting from the standing.

Also lift weights will strengthen your body to hold the rifle steady for longer periods of time. Like others have said a sling and other body mechanics will help as well.

If you take a class from Cerberus you are required to have a sling, and a standard A2 flash hider. I have taken training from Cerberus and I got a lot of good techniques. I never bought dummy rounds but after that class I bought dummy rounds and practice malfunction drills at home now. Leave the loaded magazines outside the room where I do malfunction drills and only take empty magazines and dummy rounds into the room.

I used a two point padded Vickers sling from Blue Force Gear.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top