JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was a victim of this when a friend and I wouldn't share our beer with underaged punks at a graduation party. We were leaving after a verbal altercation inside then a bunch of them came running towards us and BAMMM I got hit from behind and knocked the F out...
I swore from that point I would never take my eyes off any advisory. Been fight free since then.
Crazy people out there!! How long were you out? I hope your friend managed to wake you quickly; being knocked out for more than 3 minutes can be really bad for the victim.

Well... In my imagination, I'm Chuck Norris - on steroids. I can wither a bad guy with my menacing glare. One punch from my mighty fist will end any fight.

But the Good Lord has given me enough self-awareness and wisdom that I know how fragile and weak my high-mileage body has become. My imagination might think I'm a warrior, but in reality I'm a Grandpa who sometimes has a hard time putting on my socks.

So. I'll avoid confrontations, if I can. And hope the do-bads of the world will never confront me.

With that said, I do understand that the world is shifting under our feet. The level of animosity and overt hatred towards old white men is just astounding. I encountered a black fellow in Monmouth whose expression, as I walked by, said "I want to kill you!" I'm pretty sure I had never met the man, so it's unlikely that I've wronged him personally. I just nodded at him, and kept walking.

If I understand things correctly, this animosity between groups - racial and otherwise - is here to stay, until the Lord returns. It's one of the things he mentioned in Matthew 24.

Stay safe, friends.

Well... In my imagination, I'm Chuck Norris - on steroids. I can wither a bad guy with my menacing glare. One punch from my mighty fist will end any fight.

But the Good Lord has given me enough self-awareness and wisdom that I know how fragile and weak my high-mileage body has become. My imagination might think I'm a warrior, but in reality I'm a Grandpa who sometimes has a hard time putting on my socks.

So. I'll avoid confrontations, if I can. And hope the do-bads of the world will never confront me.

With that said, I do understand that the world is shifting under our feet. The level of animosity and overt hatred towards old white men is just astounding. I encountered a black fellow in Monmouth whose expression, as I walked by, said "I want to kill you!" I'm pretty sure I had never met the man, so it's unlikely that I've wronged him personally. I just nodded at him, and kept walking.

If I understand things correctly, this animosity between groups - racial and otherwise - is here to stay, until the Lord returns. It's one of the things he mentioned in Matthew 24.

Stay safe, friends.
Some people just have "resting b face". I swear, I was out a few weeks ago and was getting mad dogged like crazy by the oddest people, mainly male Karens that probably didn't have a clue what they were doing.

– David Greditzer, former Bouncer/Free Interactive Physics Teacher

During my college days, I had several Pacific Islanders for roommates. Between them, they had quite a few years of martial arts training.
T o a man, they agreed., develop one or two moves that will stop the other guy long enough, so you can evaluate the area. A palm strike to the nose was fave.
Best,
Gary

At 73 and needing a cane, I sure don't have anything to prove to anybody.

Canes are great weapons and are ok to travel with; TSA approved! Search around on YouTube for some general info. Also:

Canes are great weapons and are ok to travel with; TSA approved! Search around on YouTube for some general info. Also:

Yeabut canes are like a "rob me, I'm decrepid" sign taped to your back and a brick upside yo head will laugh at your stick.

lol

"Yeabut canes are like a "rob me, I'm decrepid" sign taped to your back and a brick upside yo head will laugh at your stick."
OK then they they can laugh at the compact .45 that fits quite nicely in the front pocket of Carhartt cargo pants.
My choice for a cane comes from Coastal Hardware - they call it stockman's cane (or something like that). Its design purpose is to poke cattle. By slipping off the rubber tip I can concentrate the force of a hard push into an area about the size of a nickel, and it's not like I swung hard at their head (although that is an option).

"Situational awareness is everything."
Yup.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR