JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thought I'd update y'all re the m1991A1 -- I finally got some range time in with it, and also had the good fortune to have an expert marksman shoot it a bit as well.

It has been 100% reliable with cheap target ammo, and while the trigger isn't as perfect as some raced out customs I have shot, it is more than adequate. Best of all it is very very accurate -- my friend (who is a far better shot than I), was getting groups so tight at 15 yards that all the holes were touching. He pronounced it to be a "tack driver" and forbade me from making any modifications to it whatsoever ;)

So, I guess I'm gonna leave it stock. Just means I have to pick up something else to hotrod. . .

I will forego the LuvFest in favor of some TruthFest!
In the 1970's I was one of the Exhalted, a 45B20(H) stationed in an Ultra-TOP Secret Lab/CIA/007/Ninja/HQ!
As the #1 E-4 I was called into the field to investigate several stolen GI firearms stolen by "GI's W/Black Muslim/Marxist Leanings" who when discovered in their crime proceeded to toss out the incrim evidence from the back of a US Army truck (also stolen in same act) in a thrilling 30 MPH chase on muddy back roads.
As this act occurred at night much of the evidence disappeared until the winter melt-off disappated and a marching colum of GIs went down the same road. As a result I received 3 (each) 1911A1's along with leather holsters.
The 1911's were "glued" to the leather holsters via microbial action and it required 3 hours in a boiling pot of water to free (with much muscle) the 1911 from the leather holster.
Each 1911 was full of sediment and was locked shut. Further boiling and pounding w/a boot eventually dislodged the muddy silt and the slide started to move. After hours of work the sediment was removed from mag well, slide, barrel, trigger group. Over a pound of sludge from the two pistols.
The next morning All three 1911A1s, built 40 years earlier, were taken to the 25 yard line and planted 7 (ea) 230 grn slugs in the 6" mark!
John Moses, Freakin Browning FTW!

I will forego the LuvFest in favor of some TruthFest!
In the 1970's I was one of the Exhalted, a 45B20(H) stationed in an Ultra-TOP Secret Lab/CIA/007/Ninja/HQ!
As the #1 E-4 I was called into the field to investigate several stolen GI firearms stolen by "GI's W/Black Muslim/Marxist Leanings" who when discovered in their crime proceeded to toss out the incrim evidence from the back of a US Army truck (also stolen in same act) in a thrilling 30 MPH chase on muddy back roads.
As this act occurred at night much of the evidence disappeared until the winter melt-off disappated and a marching colum of GIs went down the same road. As a result I received 3 (each) 1911A1's along with leather holsters.
The 1911's were "glued" to the leather holsters via microbial action and it required 3 hours in a boiling pot of water to free (with much muscle) the 1911 from the leather holster.
Each 1911 was full of sediment and was locked shut. Further boiling and pounding w/a boot eventually dislodged the muddy silt and the slide started to move. After hours of work the sediment was removed from mag well, slide, barrel, trigger group. Over a pound of sludge from the two pistols.
The next morning All three 1911A1s, built 40 years earlier, were taken to the 25 yard line and planted 7 (ea) 230 grn slugs in the 6" mark!
John Moses, Freakin Browning FTW!

Awesome! John Moses Browning > Gaston Glock

From the Wiki re the military trials leading up to the adoption of the Colt M1911 :

"a series of field tests from 1907 to 1911 were held to decide between the Savage and Colt designs. Both designs were improved between each testing over their initial entries, leading up to the final test before adoption. Among the areas of success for the Colt was a test at the end of 1910 attended by its designer, John Browning. Six thousand rounds were fired from a single pistol over the course of two days. When the gun began to grow hot, it was simply immersed in water to cool it. The Colt gun passed with no reported malfunctions, while the Savage designs had 37."

And PPL doubt My Devotion to JM Browning; The greatest arms designer that ever lived!!!!!
But after a few decades W/1911 NOW, I do carry a Glock for all the same reasons

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top