JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a small inventory of black rifles (or "assault rifles" as some erroneously call them). Unfortunately, I have some family medical bills I need to pay and therefore I've made the decision to sell them.

I'm thinking I have three options:

(1) take them to a gun store and see what they'll pay

(2) put them on gunbroker

(3) sell them in private transactions (i.e., the NWFA classifieds)

I believe I've ranked those choices from lowest hassle to highest hassle, and from lowest price to highest price, but I've never really sold rifles. I would appreciate any advice. As for appraisal, I can look them up on gunbroker or in past for sale threads here, if that is a good method -?

Here is the list...all except the Norinco are in excellent condition as they've mostly sat in my safe, some for quite a long time. I haven't put more than 200-300 rounds through any of these.

AR-15
Colt AR-15 Sporter Match HBAR

AR-15 Parts
AR-15 upper (I think it's a 16.5" or whatever the min legal length is)
Another AR-15 upper (also 16.5", with a spike flash suppressor and quad rails)
6 AR-15 lowers (4 Aero Precision, 2 JC Weaponry)
A few misc. kits for grips, springs, handguards, etc.

AR-15 Mags
29 Magul Mags - mix of Gen 2/Gen 3, nearly all still sealed
5 colt-brand 30-round metal mags
1 colt-brand 20-round metal mag
20 metal mags from various manufacturers (green/black followers)

M1A
Springfield M1A National Match s/Smith mount + rings
pretty sure I have the original Springfield in a box, but the $300 Smith is better
10 20-round metal mags + the 5-rounder it came with

AK-style (2)
Romanian WASR-10 AK-style
Norinco MAK-90 (thumbhole stock edition - from the Bush-era ban) - this is a bit more beat up but it's just external wear and tear...how I got the thing when I bought it.
11 30-round metal AK mags + a 5-rounder

I think completed auctions at GB would give you an accurate est of the going, current prices. Prices are coming down at this point so if yer gonna sell I'd get on it.

Gunbroker will take a large share of the sale price, and you have to ship. You can use U.S. Mail for rifles, although many postal clerks are uninformed and will refuse the shipment, so have your printed copy of the postal mailing guide with you on that topic.

NWFA brings good prices, and while you would do best shipping you don't have to give GunBroker a cut. Selling to a gun shop would bring you very little.

Take clear photographs. I know I would be interested in some of the mags.

I would sell them myself on every forum I belong to. NWFA is great. 24HCF is great as there are literally tens of thousands of members there. Also had great luck on ifish although not as much traffic there. Shipping is easy and will allow you to sell quicker and to a way larger audience. Good luck.

Complete matching brand name rifles generally go for more money. Used custom builds (mix match piece together's like many of us build) usually go for pennies on the dollar.

However AR15's are pretty damn cheap these days. AR10s will generally pull in more money.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top