JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was actually considering this for my underfolder project.
I've got bakelite furniture and gold would go great with it. I was originally going to have mine plated or gold plated but that is a little expensive.

A gold ak would make a great wall mounted weapon.
If you go through with it post pictures!

Duracoat or KG Gun Kote - both have gold available and deal with high temperatures well - fairly gun chemical resistant as well. I wouldn't paint an AK gold but whatever floats your boat.
The best way to have the paint stick well would be to strip the gun down to a barreled action, bead blast it, clean it well, parkerize it, then shoot the paint over the park finish. The paint will bond well to the park finish. The up side is when you decide you don't like the gold color you can always strip it back down and repaint it black again and will already have the process down ;)

Gold painted AK?

Well, I've heard dumber ideas, but not many.

Take a couple weeks and think about it. If it still sounds good then, go for it.

Of course you could consider just using gold plate or gold leaf. THAT would actually add some value to the weapon instead of what you have in mind.

Well if you don't like it when it's done you can always blast it off and coat it black again. Go for it; It will make for a good story if nothing else!

gold-ak47.jpg Sadam's gold AK

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top