JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was looking at Libery Safe "Model Details by Size" table and specifically, Long Gun Storage.

To those of you who have a Liberty Safe (or similar) how accurate is the Long Gun Storage? Does a Liberty "30" really hold 30 long guns?

It looks way too small, but this might just be an optical illusion.

Many thanks in advance,

take the advertised capacity, and cut it in half.

I swear this is the gun they use to determine capacity... assuming you had 30 of these....
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.YVzmWOQ1vxhX5B4GPMlF7wHaHa%26pid%3D15.jpg

If you have a wide variety of firearms, double the capacity you think you will need.

Especially as others have mentioned, AR's and anything scoped takes up two or more spaces.

No, they don't. I have a Colonial 30, and the only way you could get 30 long guns in it is if none of them had scopes or pistol grips like AR's.

Exactamundo. I have a liberty safe that is supposed to hold 24 long guns. It doesn't unless you do exactly like you said. No scopes and no pistol grips. It would probably hold 24 Remington 870's though...

What a great idea, thank you! I am definitely going to use these ^^^^

That is pretty cool, I'm on it.

They attach to the top of the shelf using velcro. The bottom of the shelf is a solid sheet and I was able to cover the entire shelf that runs all the way across my National 25, so for bigger safes you may need more than one starter kit. I did have to piece one side together, but it all works and isn't visible since it's on the underside.

I used a spray on adhesive to secure the soft velcro sheet to the shelf and then stapled it about every two inches. The rods hold very securely, yet are easy to remove so you can access the rifle. I never have to move more than two rifles to get the one I want, and keep the ones I use the most in teh front row,

Also, I suggest you get the orange rods since they are easier to see:
wMDAwMC9hdHRhY2htZW50Lm91dGxvb2subGl2ZS5uZXRAODRkZjllN2YtZTlmNi00MGFmLWI0MzUtYWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhIn0.png

Hmmm.... looks like not everyone is at home. I wonder what they are up to?

Last Edited:
Exactamundo. I have a liberty safe that is supposed to hold 24 long guns. It doesn't unless you do exactly like you said. No scopes and no pistol grips. It would probably hold 24 Remington 870's though...

That is assuming that there are not lights or side saddles on them. I have a light on some of my shotguns so it takes up two spots each on the rack.

Most gun safes only hold 1/4 of what it says... if you had 30 10/22's maybe...

Liberty fatboy is my favorite for cost and security +++ space! I can fit a lot in her

I bought a 100 gun safe and the only way I could get 100 guns in there if they were red rider pump bee bee guns. I removed the spaced racking and replaced it with 1" plywood and cut my own slots

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top