JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been into Adventure Sports twice in the past two months. The first visit was as a complete newbie with stupid questions, and the second time was to check out a few more pistols after doing some research and education. I felt that for both visits the guys were helpful, respectful, and not trying to force a sale.

The downside may be that they are not the lowest price, but I'm also learning that other shops may not have the item in inventory or are priced even higher than Adventure Sports. I also understand that any business has to make a buck to remain in business.

I do want to give them at least some of my $ when it comes time to purchase a couple of pistols and a shotgun. We'll see. +1 overall for them though.

Selection of reloading supplies is better than other stores in the area. You have to go to at Kesselrings or Cabelas to have a bigger selection. The prices are high, no doubt about it. I usually go there to get a specific item that no one else in the area has in stock. Even with the higher prices, it's cheaper to go there and buy a pound or two of powder than pay shipping and hazmat fees. The service has been inconsistent. Sometimes they are friendly and helpful. Sometimes gruff and unhelpful. That's the case with most guns shops that I know of, though. I wonder how the new Cabelas store opening up in Marysville on 4/19 and denting their monopoly on reloading supplies will affect their prices.

I used to go to their old store quite often. Haven't been to the new store yet since I've been out of the area for awhile - - but I've got to get up there. Very nice and knowledgeable guys. Theyre a small outfit with only a few guys, and in order to be able to provide the kind of healthcare and other benefits that they want for their employees, they need to charge more. I'd buy various supplies and accessories from them and get a few guns each year, - even though paying more for them. They were among my favorite Puget Sound gunshops and I'll have to stop by the new place to see how it is now.

Been going there for years. Go once a month at least to check the used handguns. Fairly good selection of new also. Lot of guns in a small space. I like Galco also and they have a good selection. Sure cheaper on-line, but I can walk in and get what I want usually. I think I have purchased 2 used 1911's from them, 2 new .380's, 1 new 1911, a used P22 at a fantastic price with laser, and I can't remember what else. it's tough when you walk in and see all the bright shiny things.

I have had mixed experience here. One day they are super friendly and joking around (when you actually spend money there) and another day, they act like you are keeping them from saving the world by asking them questions even though I was 1 of 2 people actually in the store.

Oh and I was quoted 100 dollars to do a FFL transfer here...100 dollars and they don't even want to do them right now. :s0112:

I was up there last week.

Much to my dismay, I noticed a new stuffed bird near the entrance, behind the counter.

It's a crow, sitting on a branch, with a small hangman's noose next to it.

Since there's very few ways that can be interpreted, I've downgraded them. I used to think they were the best gunstore in Puget Sound, now I think they're good actors, and won't be back.

Things have changed since Covid, and when this was posted 10 years ago. Inventory in most gun shops is minimal. And nobody is cheap, especially when inventory is not cheap. Look at the price of powder and primers?

I was up there last week.

Much to my dismay, I noticed a new stuffed bird near the entrance, behind the counter.

It's a crow, sitting on a branch, with a small hangman's noose next to it.

Since there's very few ways that can be interpreted, I've downgraded them. I used to think they were the best gunstore in Puget Sound, now I think they're good actors, and won't be back.
I do not recall ever seeing that???

3/12/2024. Just came from Adventure Sports and sad to say they are closing/retiring.
I randomly came across the closure notice and came to the forum to see if anyone posted about it...
Sucks to see all the old gunshops around here closing, especially knowing anti-gun legislation in this state directly led to their shuttering. More anti-gun laws - less gunshops - less people locally buying guns - less interest from potential new gun owners- less people on our side voting in our favor - more anti-gun laws. Its cyclical.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top