JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Disagree is fine, but to me a GUN fanny pack has a BIG honkin' section in the back that screams GUN.

That's why I wear the same type of fanny pack as those bikers, hikers.
It works for me, and that's the way I carry.

Of course I'm never discrete, and just put the gun up on the counter if I can't find what I'm digging around for:eek:

Someone asked me once about my "sissy sack" and I answered "were else can I carry my gun when I'm wearing shorts?"
And in my first post I said, "mostly in a hot climate area...not here in the Northwest."

just sayin'
Tilos

Disagree is fine, but to me a GUN fanny pack has a BIG honkin' section in the back that screams GUN.

That's why I wear the same type of fanny pack as those bikers, hikers.
It works for me, and that's the way I carry.

Of course I'm never discrete, and just put the gun up on the counter if I can't find what I'm digging around for:eek:

Someone asked me once about my "sissy sack" and I answered "were else can I carry my gun when I'm wearing shorts?"
And in my first post I said, "mostly in a hot climate area...not here in the Northwest."

just sayin'
Tilos
Not sure what type you have seen, but the ones from Glaco are indistinguishable from the standard leather fanny packs you get from biking suppliers. You are right about the shorts thing. If I am in gym clothes it is a fanny pack or nothing with regards to being able to carry.

I don't wear anything leather because it absorbs sweat and stinks, ie watch band.

I HAD an expensive GUN fanny pack and wore it empty to test it out.
Most store clerks stared at it and had a police officer, in a store, stare at it the whole time I was in his sight.
I actually made small talk with him, but his eyes never left that fanny pack or my hands.
I never carried with it and gave it to a friend.
YMMV

Tilos

I don't wear anything leather because it absorbs sweat and stinks, ie watch band.

I HAD an expensive GUN fanny pack and wore it empty to test it out.
Most store clerks stared at it and had a police officer, in a store, stare at it the whole time I was in his sight.
I actually made small talk with him, but his eyes never left that fanny pack or my hands.
I never carried with it and gave it to a friend.
YMMV

Tilos
FYI, store clerks are trained that fanny packs are a major indicator of shoplifting. You might be mistaking someone thinking you are stealing a beer or some candy as someone thinking you have a gun.

The color of a weapon gives no advantage to its accuracy or durability. However color does effect concealability for long guns. In nature there is no true black, so firearms such as the AR that are all black tend to stand out in all environments. If you truly want to hide yourself in your environment, ie camouflage, then you need to camo you firearm to match your surroundings.

Yep, I might be mistaken about the clerk (they don't look at my hikers fanny pack) and the cop??
As mentioned twice before, I'm talkiing a major, no wait, THE major tourist capital of the world, where fanny packs are almost manditory.
If you carry in one, it has to look clean and new, or "touristy", old and tattered is what reads DB shoplifter.

Perhaps it's a regional thing and where you live it is as you say.
I spend time in different parts of our country and it is as I have described.
YMMV

Tilos

When I was buying my revolver I narrowed it down to a silver S&W and a black S&W. The guy at the shop was saying he would prefer the silver as it's more of a deterrent to a BG. I don't ever plan on using a firearm as a deterrent, it's a self defense tool and you won't be seeing it unless I'll be using it to defend my life or the life of a loved one.

On the other hand, if you had the chrome plated, you would always have a mirror with you...

this is why all my self defense rounds are so shiny, its a deterrent when the BG gets to see one down my barrel.

you guy's have now, got me all confused ! :)my wife just loves her pink walther, and she dosen't see the difference when the bullit comes out the barell ! the other thing that has me confused is.........being camoed out for hunting,and running around on a 4 wheeler, then again maybe the 4 wheeler is camoed out too:s0054: ah .........thats it --what the heck am i thinken ? i'v been hunting for over 50 yrs.,and not once has a dead animal give a hoot about what i'm wearing !!

my thoughts only...steven

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top