JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was up there on Friday and all those bags are still there. Picked up a bucket of cans and bottles. I think this side of the road belongs to one of the timber companies. Maybe that's why DNR isn't picking up the bags. Maybe @Cogs knows?
I think it is leasted by the timber company, however as DNR put it, it's still State land. They may close shooting right there if the log more of it but would open again later.

I talked with Steve Rhodes, DNR, Friday afternoon and he said he sent the message to corrections and they should have picked it up. He saw it was still there on Thursday.

Oh well, they'll work it out.

Thanks Wrench!

Forgot to mention I was back at Wildcat last week. Someone before me picked up all the brass, but left all the trash!
Not a whole lot of work, just a couple bags. A family showed up as I was finishing and I know one of them was a NWFA member, though I didn't ask his name. Sounded like they were having a good time as I left.

aKFRPtqdIVs7tdFvAoxbRMv7NWiGjoPvqzKTTa4Dxto3wzc7gG9ug_Ik-SDPs5J28iSgZB9lbydMSn8IYG=w1079-h810-no.jpg
pp_w0lHJK7fvNlYaJTZ3Xlmb2YN_h0-2WW0zRBLnDGuOMWfFHbm438Ij5rjiRiv8sepJwNqDGEr6JzO248=w1079-h810-no.jpg
XCDrT38HxF-kDuJA6QMr8-uKULhTBEZn6TzH8vnwQQRLIcJr5I8K6gyHG1ocCmFo3XRNZNuXAKodiAhyCsK=w607-h809-no.jpg
P5p0Rof-6jODjRgfU-iobYt2p_tk5lNiNDhBOaGWeJHuSq-DZg3zBpLGEEN0joeqVn9CRS-ofQCiOpiDXMJ=w319-h239-no.jpg

@Lone Wolf and I did a quick check on sites around Yacolt Burn State Forest on Larch Mntn. Same ol stuff at each site but more of it. We need a cleanup every month up here. It's ridiculous!

Didn't have any time to clean up anything. Couldn't even find an empty place to shoot. A holiday is not a good time to go shooting!

This spot has been cleaned up several times by myself and @nwheavy75 .
Burn 9-5-16 3.jpg
We noticed this target next to the road. Really? Shooting along side the road? We got it out.
Burn 9-5-16 2.jpg

And, of course, a new car. (New to the forest). It was toast. I told Officer Essman.
Burn 9-5-16 1.jpg

@Lone Wolf and I did a quick check on sites around Yacolt Burn State Forest on Larch Mntn. Same ol stuff at each site but more of it. We need a cleanup every month up here. It's ridiculous!

Didn't have any time to clean up anything. Couldn't even find an empty place to shoot. A holiday is not a good time to go shooting!

This spot has been cleaned up several times by myself and @nwheavy75 .
View attachment 310691
We noticed this target next to the road. Really? Shooting along side the road? We got it out.
View attachment 310692

And, of course, a new car. (New to the forest). It was toast. I told Officer Essman.
View attachment 310693
It frustrates me that every time I go up there it looks like we've never cleaned up that area. Like everyone here, I wish there was a practical solution to this problem.

It frustrates me that every time I go up there it looks like we've never cleaned up that area. Like everyone here, I wish there was a practical solution to this problem.
I've decided to take, yet, another step toward raising awareness and hopefully, making a difference. I'm starting a new campaign on my own. I call it: "Target: Public Land". I plan to 'blitz' Clark County with brochures to raise awareness about shooting on public land.

The brochure has common public land shooting rules, code of conduct and photo examples of responsible shooting. I'll distribute the brochures to as many outdoor stores and gun shops as possible. I'll hand them out to shooters in the woods as I meet them on my Adopt-a-Site rounds. I'll do a one man booth at the Vancouver Sportsman's Warehouse to hand out the brochures along with the DNR rules flier.

I'm tired of this situation going on without regard to the consequences of our right to shoot on public land. There are too many people, taking to the forest to shoot, who do not have a clue as to what they are doing to the future of public land shooting.

I'm currently seeking funding to have the brochure printed. It's a tri-fold color glossy. I need at least 500 copies printed. I have a quote of $250 for 500. As soon as I raise that money I'll print and begin my campaign. Below is an example...

The 3 primary information pages.
brochurescan9-5-16 1.jpg

Main page, front right.
brochurescan9-5-16 3.jpg

Back middle page.
brochurescan9-5-16 4.jpg
Back left page.
brochurescan9-5-16 5.jpg

Inside 3 pages.
brochurescan9-5-16 2.jpg

Inside left page.
brochurescan9-5-16 6.jpg

Inside middle page.
brochurescan9-5-16 7.jpg

Inside right page.
brochurescan9-5-16 8.jpg

This campaign is easily done by 1 person, although, more help would be better. It could easily be done in any area. I would be happy to mail out a stack of 500 to anyone who wants to 'Target: Public Land' in their area. I'd just need to cover the cost of printing and I'll send them off.

Happy shooting!

Bill

I'm tired of this situation going on without regard to the consequences of our right to shoot on public land. There are too many people, taking to the forest to shoot, who do not have a clue as to what they are doing to the future of public land shooting.

I'm currently seeking funding to have the brochure printed. It's a tri-fold color glossy. I need at least 500 copies printed. I have a quote of $250 for 500. As soon as I raise that money I'll print and begin my campaign. Below is an example...

You do good work Cogs and these a$$hat shooters need to be stopped yes it affects us all. The couve isn't my backyard but I will donate to the printing, I don't have much but if everyone here gave a little....

You do good work Cogs and these a$$hat shooters need to be stopped yes it affects us all. The couve isn't my backyard but I will donate to the printing, I don't have much but if everyone here gave a little....
Cool! I'll send you a PM with my mailing address.

Thanks! Sure appreciate it!

I've decided to take, yet, another step toward raising awareness and hopefully, making a difference. I'm starting a new campaign on my own. I call it: "Target: Public Land". I plan to 'blitz' Clark County with brochures to raise awareness about shooting on public land.

The brochure has common public land shooting rules, code of conduct and photo examples of responsible shooting. I'll distribute the brochures to as many outdoor stores and gun shops as possible. I'll hand them out to shooters in the woods as I meet them on my Adopt-a-Site rounds. I'll do a one man booth at the Vancouver Sportsman's Warehouse to hand out the brochures along with the DNR rules flier.

The 3 primary information pages.
View attachment 310734

Main page, front right.
View attachment 310728

Back middle page.
View attachment 310729
Back left page.
View attachment 310730

Inside 3 pages.
View attachment 310735

Inside left page.
View attachment 310731

Inside middle page.
View attachment 310732

Inside right page.
View attachment 310733

This campaign is easily done by 1 person, although, more help would be better. It could easily be done in any area. I would be happy to mail out a stack of 500 to anyone who wants to 'Target: Public Land' in their area. I'd just need to cover the cost of printing and I'll send them off.

Happy shooting!

Bill
I will also kick in some. Same situation. I don't have much but if everyone gives a little....

Hello all! I'm a new guy, been going to the English Pit a lot and looking to find some spots on Larch. I don't mind cleaning up some when I go up but I have never been up there. Any tips on finding locations? I'll be coming from NE 164th and Fourth Plaine. Thanks!

Hello all! I'm a new guy, been going to the English Pit a lot and looking to find some spots on Larch. I don't mind cleaning up some when I go up but I have never been up there. Any tips on finding locations? I'll be coming from NE 164th and Fourth Plaine. Thanks!
Check the outdoor section and the community outreach section. Search for Larch or Yacolt Burn State Forest and you should find some threads with map links to shooting sites.

Made it up to Wildcat this morning for the first time in a few weeks. Wasn't looking forward to seeing the place after Labor Day weekend, but, hey, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...

3jGZNG-bSo9s3Maj16QUeYnoPQhEOrsU-0IbzoD7fsHHg6P4vApdHdZQ5CXOm8b93j2In9ljOnitFU7qGw=w1079-h810-no.jpg
9w692rn_yL8lIdtmueJ5YjV-CMHLmS5hDcCZZaryleiacQ4R3ofTF1ZRiuRdIczhPTTiyhnw5bAcDjQ1Iw=w1079-h810-no.jpg
J1ENYVxGX_hZD01rmXvBOxk39tgIEWPSRXPDmHjs_5mlq4FhuEXq3aPS5RF5FXAKMu6BTAsgYYl4uEHE_A=w1079-h810-no.jpg
gKgXF_28tc-YDP9S3tZMRRH2EVwipvNf5taQcj6XCFhvA09JJrThvNwaLVvvUP3FDXSPzuvZJfJNVAVZWw=w1079-h810-no.jpg F1EYhWEcJNFG33vqN0_PnvnIw_5PsJtdxdqFhgBElNn1pAVuyDdEWyg5JHePQL9cdKIMXDlAw6Jb1ZksQw=w1079-h810-no.jpg

as you can see, someone went through the trouble of raking up messes into a pile, but couldn't do anything more than that. Oh well, helped me out some.

Turned out to be a popular place today. I saw as many people there today as I have the rest of the year combined. Also found out why I haven't been seeing any brass lately--Brass collectors. Few people have been grabbing it all up a couple times a week. Of course, they don't bother with anything else...

nbVlvh4El_mVrcZLRgE6dPn7qvOZUvY_1h46oMB3fz8myT2EOV4RBLrbNv8-viOq_BcJ-6DPvYIhtH905g=w1079-h810-no.jpg
three bags and more lumber...

@Cogs How do I get all my brass to fall cleanly on a 4'x5' tarp like that?
Funny, Quarter. I recently changed that photo to show the bigger tarp that was used at the last Tillamook cleanup. Obviously, that little blue tarp in the brochure wouldn't catch much.

Good eye. No one else said anything about that yet. Actually, I've changed out several photo's with better, higher resolution, ones.

So far, raised $75 in the mail today. Getting closer. I hope to get them printed before mid Sept, before the gun show in Clark County.

Thanks for bringing that up!

This is the new one.

tarp.jpg

It's been almost 3 weeks since I was up at Wildcat.

There are a couple guys from out of state camping at the site. Odd. But, hey, whatever floats your trailer I guess. They never woke up while I was cleaning, but I took care of that later...

h2OxEBFrLThUZep4QDOmtZg6GKUx5pr7d8JGjl6bsiHr-yP0Fa2uYTT-tCDl7JcG4jkW_Y2iUSA_k4wo1g=w1067-h800-no.jpg
64VKS8Nt1Ik0nZHmwzUy-Z2y7Tk1QUUMiVvX4KN8CUQ8EaX_YBFMXHYR-sGHkPVuhbm0vJZvXdaBLrmQTA=w1067-h800-no.jpg
7zdOHLvCZVOusw7oZOeGnygw_ag-WOGDgIHMqrEXNVk47C64Vz3fAGwdPQmeIliyLwcwEWJ_Coji00ZmoA=w1067-h800-no.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top