JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Other folks made up for what @robertg didn't leave me.

jmcXwi1sLSBw5mXi-VAjj-nHHRzUa-atU3aHxq_GrCKCxLiRKM8HLdLXse-Dkih8YKdAQAOrzX2Huj0Ijn=w1138-h853-no.jpg
IlKWMp13llk8ozUXD5eb3QPda5a9lJ6r8Z_f-ZTqUe_rqN7fUJQqQu0buYxUYgs5vQbJDAQT0x9h4316tN=w1138-h853-no.jpg

Plenty of raking this morning. Took out 3 bags and that sheet of plywood. Didn't need to replace the signs (yay!) and didn't notice any more graffiti than before.

We finally made it back up to the Peak to check on the areas after about 2-3 weeks. The main area someone was shooting at- asked them nicely if they could clean up their stuff. Not sure if they did. Went back to the area that we hadn't finished cleaning and spent a couple of hours. Took the lawn rake this time and it helped a bunch. Quite a few bags of junk. It all fit in my garbage can and the neighbors so no dump fees. :):) No left over brass this time. The brass from the previous 2 trips earned me $16.50 at Burcham's Metals. Did some shooting also. Having problems uploading photos so maybe later.

We finally made it back up to the Peak to check on the areas after about 2-3 weeks. The main area someone was shooting at- asked them nicely if they could clean up their stuff. Not sure if they did. Went back to the area that we hadn't finished cleaning and spent a couple of hours. Took the lawn rake this time and it helped a bunch. Quite a few bags of junk. It all fit in my garbage can and the neighbors so no dump fees. :):) No left over brass this time. The brass from the previous 2 trips earned me $16.50 at Burcham's Metals. Did some shooting also. Having problems uploading photos so maybe later.
Kudo's to you and Mrs. Rem, sir! Thanks for the extra efforts!

Adopt-A-Site visit to Yacolt Burn Forest this morning. Spent 6 hours messing around (I mean, not messing, but rather; cleaning up). Most of my time spent at the site in the first 4 pics. Drove down in there to load up the stuff.

If anyone sees a small black car with no hood on it, ARREST HIM! You gotta be desperate for something to shoot when you use your car hood! This was the 4th car hood in 2 weeks. Gotta be the same person.

This site is the very 1st turn out in the road right after the place we cleaned up in June. I've seen them put targets up high on that last brush pile. Guess what's over the hill? Motor bike trails!
Before;
Adopt 7-17-16 1.jpg

After;
Adopt 7-17-16 2.jpg

Adopt 7-17-16 3.jpg

Adopt 7-17-16 4.jpg

Around the horn and down the road to the same place @nwheavy75, @Lone Wolf and I cleaned up 2 weeks ago. The bags were still there but torn up and spread out. I'll send these picks to DNR and remind them to pick 'em up.
Before;
Adopt 7-17-16 5.jpg

After; (I didn't spend as much time at this site, although it could have used more time).
Adopt 7-17-16 6.jpg

I need to print a bag tag... one that I can simply pin to the bag so others see NWFA cleaned it.

Cogs

Been a fair amount of shooting this last week up at Wildcat
but
guess what
not much to show for it. There wasn't much brass beyond my own to clean up today. Pretty awesome. I usually end up spending over an hour on clean up, but today I got to spend more time shooting than cleaning.

esd_NwohnCRKS2q7QCGZcsi1cV15OPUiutX8K0cOnmaew70zUrE2BcsAzKxifhmGwaUWJBRYaTy0dFTioc=w1138-h853-no.jpg
Zd_rBKAtv2wZfRNnv8B-6_A1o2rK6cgJ-edRt4rS1VtGkvY78REM5HUO5sYazwHQp-mwtxYFgvMWfCpllU=w1138-h853-no.jpg

I hadn't brought home the garbage as Clackamas Sheriffs told me to leave it as they "like to keep track of what's being left up here."

Today, though, it was quite clear that they're not doing that on a regular basis.
Look familiar?
_jbqOARbNrQAWPg9xyWZFhxkACt9vWz5_jhzagxSQnV1Oxv02AzdsQ1_yaBUNfJb-2_CZ22ubqd3mYtH3H=w1138-h853-no.jpg
QZ7VLaFYhPWPTc9ErXTi4TnyC9dnkQzENw4OXqKTYgsgXrvXIPa8r16LmW55LEEQkqywtKRNYUTBFXgba6=w1138-h853-no.jpg
Same sheet of plywood hauled back up (thankfully not all the way up to the berm like last time). Along with some "cute" targets...
jJTDRnlefJ_Snw4WWPkxPsMO6R5xJdB48qJ2eroMkUl5ZXaBynGQYVzpSSa5K-1eE6Ru-DUEKuIFMt3_bL=w1138-h853-no.jpg
4x6l4AH8skqOFHPecLx4pW9mYoDPHlm0Tg_x1a_hEqjh3vbaZknM8FHWOmK3HsQ_NqzKMXPQuMjiEaQB5Z=w1138-h853-no.jpg
Some people don't realize that's a good way to have some suits show up at your door.

3hG85MhNsHH5GuTsJBd0RltscO6RIKzDlSAq4Bj2wb1S4gXDcl21W2rH3RCXDiSfav-l1Gbc-AJuo9kgYj=w1138-h853-no.jpg
Posted up my last shooting closure map

This area looked like I left it a couple weeks ago
6DbQtZ5BIOpAKeaSDbVGCFe76BuEaacpWoH6cXR1my_R1_KvhY-kE1lHAZEWc_lILiLSDCHxFf8D5AWEqy=w1138-h853-no.jpg

Piled it all up as I was told again. I'll probably head back up next week and, if I have to clean up the same crap again, I'll bring it all home.
yZbF-zBHlgtLAsiDYRqpkdk8p1xxWLZIgJEilu_C4vDeFQxftNyb-7ZxBDzKDwjCpj3JasWqTHJ1YzpI1T=w1138-h853-no.jpg

Last Edited:
Going to play devil's advocate a little bit, as far as leaving the plywood there...

At least they're re-using it rather than attaching targets to stumps/trees and bring more junk to haul out.

But I definitely agree on the rest of the trash.

elsie

Well, at least it wasn't spread all over this time! I did contact Steve, last time I was there, and he got the word to corrections. Guess they've been busy too.

Thanks nw!

I always see the yellow large crew trucks driving around, saw 3 different ones in the area yesterday, but they did not stop for any garbage. I was at Arrowhead . They were all headed back towards the corrections center.

I was up at wildcat to take some pics of the new berms (but it looks like everyone else has already :) ). The pokemon/presidential candidate targets are still on the plywood. There is a partial pallet up there also. We picked up a bag as usual and the area is pretty clean other than the immense amount of glass.

Has there ever been a cleanup at the Miller Road site off of US 26?
I was at a BLM meeting where they were talking about how they were going to totally screw up the Wildwood Recreation Area by developing it into an RV park, it's currently a beautiful and quiet day use area that I walk in at least once a week. Anyway, several of the people that live close by were complaining about the area and it seems like it would be a good idea to perhaps do a clean up there. I'd go up and check it out but I blew out a knee and I'm supposed to keep off it for the next week or so.

Went there on Tuesday morningView attachment 305700 , garbage is still stacked up, added 2 more full bags from west of jackson
Was up there on Friday and all those bags are still there. Picked up a bucket of cans and bottles. I think this side of the road belongs to one of the timber companies. Maybe that's why DNR isn't picking up the bags. Maybe @Cogs knows?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top