JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i hve a taurus .357 titanium, and it shoots hi.. the problem is it is a rear frame notch sight, with the standard blade front... now they all hit/grouped well, but almost 2.5 inches high at 15ish yards now i won't do alot of long distance shooting with it, but i expect my guns to be onand the misses to be my fault... how do you fix this?

The local gun shop had a guy come in like this.They asked if they could take it out and shoot it.
They came back with the center punched out of the target

Have some one you know is close to expert shoot it before you adjust much.

i hve a taurus .357 titanium, and it shoots hi.. the problem is it is a rear frame notch sight, with the standard blade front... now they all hit/grouped well, but almost 2.5 inches high at 15ish yards now i won't do alot of long distance shooting with it, but i expect my guns to be onand the misses to be my fault... how do you fix this?

Taller front sight. Try a different load, different loads well have a different POI. Most fixed sight revolvers have the front blade height set for 25yds or more, some as high as 75yds.

If you are shooting low you can file the blade lower. Adding height is more problematic. Just shoot the gun enough at different ranges to learn the POI vs POA then use Kentucky windage.

IS it off based on holding directly on the target or based on the 6 O'Clock position. MAny guns are set up on the 6 O'Clock position which would put it high at dead on. I thoght I had a problem and it corrected once I used the 6 oclock position

it is based off of holding the front sights flat, a post even with the top of the notch, off of a bag... i am a decent shot. i ususally group 2" at 50 yards with my smith, and about the same with my 1911, i shot my new glock, and it was perfect, but this gun shoot high,, tits why are you here?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top