Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Adjustable Trigger, Do I Have One?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by Lickskillet, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Lickskillet

Lickskillet Land Of Big Sticks Member

Just wondering if the stock trigger on my Remm 700 270 CDL Mtn Rifle is adjustable? If so, is it fairly easy to do? It must be set at 8lbs I swear. I want it about 3. If its not, what kind of cost can I expect to get a trigger put in?

Thanks

2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

3. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

4. Lickskillet

Thankyou....

5. Lickskillet

Ok,, used the link above to toy with it. Took some doing but I finally got it to where I have nice 3lb pull with no creep. However, now every once in a while, it will go off upon taking the safety off. Not good and I WONT leave it this way. My question is, can I either tighten or back off the the sear only to cure this without messing with the pull and over travel? It took me some doing to get it where I want it and it seemed to be good so I applied my nail polish and put it back together. I am hoping a minor tweek of the sear will fix this... All fellars in the know on this please come forward.... lol Thanks a bunch..

6. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The article states that you should back off the sear engagement screw 1/4 turn, and repeat all the safety checks outlined in the article.

7. deadshot2

deadshot2 NW Quadrant WA State Well-Known Member

Another alternative is to install a Timney Trigger.