Defensive Arts
Low Price Guns
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
HighLine Firearms
Sporting Systems
Southwest Firearms
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Reactions
Not sure where else to post this. On a whim, I built an AR pistol. A great friend made me a killer deal on a Sig brace. It pressed on a standard buffer tube and works fine, with the exception of being about 2” too short if fired from the shoulder, which BATFE ruled is legal. I see there are adjustable braces, but they are pricey.
I was thinking of removing the brace and adding a spacer, but also wondering if anyone has a more elegant solution keeping in mind I want to avoid the SBR tripwire.

Thanks.

PNW

ilikegunspdx

Reactions
Not sure where else to post this. On a whim, I built an AR pistol. A great friend made me a killer deal on a Sig brace. It pressed on a standard buffer tube and works fine, with the exception of being about 2” too short if fired from the shoulder, which BATFE ruled is legal. I see there are adjustable braces, but they are pricey.
I was thinking of removing the brace and adding a spacer, but also wondering if anyone has a more elegant solution keeping in mind I want to avoid the SBR tripwire.

Thanks.

PNW
Which sig brace? Original MPX brace has 14" length of pull when used with SBmini (never measured original). Or u can always use the sig folding adapter and add tube of whatever length you want (if folding adapter is of tube type, not strut) and use ur favorite brace such as tailhook mod1 or 2 (telescopes to 5 positions) or whatever u like.

asiparks

Reactions

Thanks.

PNW

Where's you nose relative to the charging handle ?

SBA3 is great.

powermad

Reactions
SBA3 with a Law folder works great for me.
LOP is 13.5" fully extended.
Screenshot_20200501-123701.png

Reactions
Which sig brace? Original MPX brace has 14" length of pull when used with SBmini (never measured original). Or u can always use the sig folding adapter and add tube of whatever length you want (if folding adapter is of tube type, not strut) and use ur favorite brace such as tailhook mod1 or 2 (telescopes to 5 positions) or whatever u like.
I have an original sig brace. It had the folding hinge with the tube, that attached on the back of an MP varient. I couldnt use it, as is, on my AR, so I used a standard pistol buffer tube. My nose is too close to the charging handle, not just touching but it is almost on the brige of my nose. So I can remove the brace, and insert an inch or so of material in between the brace and the buffer tube end to gain some additional distance, since the brace wont accept anything larger in diameter than the buffer tube, that precludes an adjustable tube. At least none that I have found.

Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Sporting Systems
Southwest Firearms
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Let Freedom Ring
Cerberus Training Group

Upcoming Events

Jefferson State Shooting Association Gun Show
Klamath Falls, OR
Wes Knodel Gun Shows
Redmond, OR
Rickreall Winter Gun Show