JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a proud new owner of a ruger mark ii 4" tappered barrel with fixed sights. Has anyone setup this with adj rear sights?

brownells shows a few options, where some have comments associated with them that indicate that there was a gap at the bottom of the rear sight and the top of the dovetail. I realize that this may be a bit more involved since the front sight has to be matched to the rear sight.

Any helpful hints are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have an answer, just a suggestion. I'm not sure if its good etiquette to point to another forum ,:s0131: but I'd try your luck over on the rimfirecentral boards. (www.rimfirecentral.com) There is a ruger mark ii subforum you can search or post a question in. Hope this helps. :)

If you were using ruger adjustable sights, I think you have to machine a slot for the sights and possible changing out the front sights too. Probably better off buying another ruger with an adjustable rear sights.

13147.jpg

Are you having accuracy problems? I've not seen a Ruger with fixed sights that wasn't dead on unless the front sight ring got bumped and turned. That can happen (rarely) because it's a press fit on a tapered barrel.

What is the issue with the sights?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top