JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We all use lots of tools in our lives. A gun is just another one. So is a car, a computer, a telephone, the TV remote, the garage door opener, the fire extinguisher... etc.

The amount of training and the form of training should be balaced with:
A) How often is the device used?
B) How complicated is it to use?
C) Can I get "hands-on" or "trial and error" training?

I look at a concealed gun sort of like a fire extinguisher. I'm not likely to need either one in the course of my life. I take actions to prevent needing either one. Both are relatively simple to use (aim at danger, pull trigger). Both are used in emergencies, when other options are exhausted (run away, remove fuel and ignition, etc). Both can make matters worse.

I did the minimal training required for the CHL, and have gone shooting monthly just because it is enjoyable. That is enough training for anyone.

(Exception: People who deliberately confront others probably need more training: Security guards, police, military, etc.)

I believe that most people overall would benefit more from increased driving training than gun/CHL training.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top